Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder (French) character sheet deprecated

A friend of mine would like to open a new campaign with the character sheet "Pathfinder (French)" but it looks like it have been outdated... so i have questions :  Why does this character sheet have been deprecated ? Do i have to get a Pro account to use it in my campaign or is it just impossible ? Plus it's still in the Character Sheet Index so i don't really understand what happened : Pathfinder (French)  | Authors: Samuel Marino, Maxime Moraine, Cédric Salvador
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It's been deprecated because the main sheet incudes french and other langauge translation, to view the sheet in french you have to set your profile or account settings to french. All sheets that have french translation will then automaticly show in french for you.
I can't find any pathfinder sheet with the same layout

Edited 1544429665
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
There's probably a few reasons why this sheet has become deprecated; Roll20 normally only allows a single sheet per RPG.  D&D and Pathfinder seem to be the most common exceptions due to their popularity and the fact they have an Official sheet as well as popular community created sheets as well.  Before internationalization(i18n) support was added to roll20, sheets had to be completely re-written for a specific language. That particular PF sheet was converted to French quite a while back, but was probably never supported past that point.  A newer English version was created that continued to be developed(good/bad is matter of opinion/taste).  Creating language-specific sheets are no longer necessary if a sheet author adds the additional translation (i18n) code to a given sheet.  The included translation file can be converted to the various languages supported so that a sheet will automatically be seen in a given language according to your roll20 language setting, AFAIK. If internationalization(i18n) support was added to that sheet so that it could be used my multiple languages, perhaps roll20 would consider adding it to the standard character sheet template list. A Pro subscription GM can use the code for any sheet or create their own, otherwise, you are limited to the sheet's that show up on the character sheet template list. ;-(