Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to Long rest

Edited 1544374419
Sorry I am new at macros. But I believe there is a way to make a button that you can click that resets HP, Hit dice, Spell slots, and Abilities? Where Can I find this Macro? Where do I type it in? The individual character sheets? Is there a Short rest Variant? Would anyone be available to give me a quick example on how this works? I am playing DnD 5e, and using the 5e OGL sheets I believe.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Since youre a Pro user, you can do this (assuming you're the GM). Probably using the ChatSetAttr script, which you can find in the one-click installer. This approach would need you to figure out the stat names needed and write the macro for chatsetattr. There might be a 5e companion script that also does this more easily. A google search would probably find it. I dont play 5e so i cant give more tailored advice, sorry.
Hiya, you need the *5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion* API script installed first. And then you just use the macro:  !longrest with a token selected. As far as I know there is no short rest version. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Long rest and short rest commands are also available with the Shaped Script if your game uses the Shaped Sheet for D&D 5e.