Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[LFP] [UTC+1] Tales from the Loop One Shot

The Pitch The giant particle accelerator that runs through the underground of the island you call home causes all kinds of strange events and unexplainable phenomena. Animals that should have been extinct centuries ago are spooking local farmers. A giant monster has been spotted swimming in the lake. And to make matters worse: Old people have begun disappearing from the retirement home. Rumors say an ancient mummy curse is involved... All the grownups are too busy with their own problems to notice all these mysterious events, so it's up to the kids to save the day! What is this all about? This holiday season Radio Multiverse will be running a special one shot of Tales from the Loop ! The story will take place on the Swedish island of Svartjölandet (also known as Färingsö to some), where all your characters are attending the same school. The island is small enough that you can go from one side of the island to other by bicycle in little over an hour, so you don't all necessarily need to live in the same town. While it's a pretty rural setting, it's also close to the Swedish capital of Stockholm and you can get there pretty easily if you take the bus. The year is 1986, just a few days before Christmas and most likely some of the kids are hoping that Jultomten is going to bring them that brand new Nintendo gaming console that everyone is talking about. Unfortunately, it's not time to celebrate just yet, as old people have started to go missing and the player characters will need to investigate what is really going on. You'll all be playing kids aged 10 to 15. While you don't all necessarily need to be the same age, it does help to form a group. Though someone can always play an older sibling or something to that effect. You can choose from a varied selection of character archetypes, like the bookworm, the computer geek, the hick, the jock, the popular kid, the rocker, the troublemaker or the weirdo. Character creation is really easy and can be done in a matter of minutes. Most likely you'll spend more time on coming up with your character's background story than on statting them out. For some inspiration take a look at the images on this page I made and don't forget to click on the Youtube video first! Hopefully it will get everyone on the same page as to what kind of game this is. When will it be & Can I join? The game will take place on either the 27th or 28th of December and will start around 18:30 UTC+1. This date may change depending on when all the players have the most time. Right now I'm looking for four players for this one shot. You'll need to be at least 20 years old and have a stable internet connection and a somewhat decent mic or headset. Also, I'd like to point out that while I'm saying one shot, this may very well become a two shot, since it's often difficult to predict how long mystery/investigation type games are going to take. Last Words One final note: If you're interested, then post a reply here along with what kind of character you'd like to play. Please don't send me a private message. Thank you all for your time and I'm looking forward to playing this game with you!

Edited 1544639496
Hello, just saw your pitch on the discord. I'm reading through the synopsis and this seems really unique and fun. I definitely want to join your table if it isn't already filled. I'm able to join at the designated time and date.
Bread S. said: Hello, just saw your pitch on the discord. I'm reading through the synopsis and this seems really unique and fun. I definitely want to join your table if it isn't already filled. I'm able to join at the designated time and date. Haha no, we still got a few spots. No worries. Any particular role and age you're interested in?

Edited 1544652495
Sorry for the belated response, I'm looking at 12-13 Year 9 and I'd like to play a techie role
Excellent! Alright, we'll just need one or two more people and we'll be good to go!
I'm interested in joining this game! I had been wanting to play Tales from the Loop for awhile!  I am thinking about playing a 14 year old jock or troublemaker!
Hey everyone, If you're still looking for players, I've heard a lot of good things about Tales from the Loop and would want to try it out for myself. I'm not sure about the age yet, but I'm kinda interested in playing either a musician or a bookworm if either role is still available?
Technically we're full up, but since often times some players tend to drop out because of reasons, I'm not closing down recruitment just yet.
Oh wow, I completely forgot to mention that this is a LGBT friendly game. I'd even go as far to say that people who don't like that won't be very welcome here.
Okay, we're full up! Thanks everyone!