Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][VTM V5][EST]

Hey everyone! I'm looking for players for a V5 Chicago by Night campaign. I've been running Vampire for well over a decade. This will be my first V5 game so we'll be learning together.&nbsp; Who I am I am an OWOD vet that rediscovered my love for the game with this new edition. I am a mature gamer (in age and attitude) that take the game seriously. Date is mallable but weeknights are preferred EST, but enjoy playing more often if time and schedules permit. (Life happens). I like to RP, sometimes have abrasive themes/npcs. Lots of mature subject matter.....if you prefer True Blood to Game of Thrones, this game probably isn't for you. And yes, this is one of those "you should probably take notes" games. Who I'm looking for I'm looking for likeminded pc's. Mature and familiar with the game. Sorry newbies but you'll really miss out on a lot if you don't already know the clans and some of the meta and all that good stuff. So yes, mature adults with no drama or baggage. I play hard fast and loose with the rules. Whatever serves the story comes first. Looking for people who know when its time to joke, and when its time to be serious. I play via Discord and Roll20. I'd also like to see some sort of commitment from said players. These games are going for the long haul and I like people who want to see the full scope of the story, not just snippets, as that hurts the story as well. I'm going to be taking applications and doing interviews based on response.&nbsp; In the application: Tell me a bit about yourself. Gaming, RP and White Wolf experience. And a bit about you. What you prefer in gaming style/storytelling style. Vague character ideas. Thats about it for now. I'll look over applicants as they come in and email those who ! wish to interview. Looking at the core Camarilla clans circa mid 90s (Brujah, Gangrel, Malkavian((no fish malks!!)), Nosferatu, Toreador, Tremere, Ventrue) We'll start in Gary, Indiana and slowly move to Chicago. Now, you'll start as Camarilla but that doesn't mean you're obligated to stay there. We'll see how it plays out. I'm in no rush. I plan on going through all the published Chicago stuff, twisted to my own ends with my own stuff on top. And hell...maybe we won't get there. Thats up to you, the player. Ultimately I'm looking for strong roleplayers. You guys will be driving the stories. Your ambitions, your interactions, how you deal with the problems and opportunities placed before you, carrying the plot up to the V5 meta stuff. Assuming those characters are still there! I will be taking some liberties with not only the rules but with the metaplot and the timeline but those are semantics. Suffice to say that you'll be fairly new to the embrace. Maybe we'll play through it. I haven't decided yet.&nbsp; Thats about it for now. I'm still going through V5 and wrapping my head around all the new rules. I have a really good idea about the story, but as I said I'm new to V5 and have a ton of deprogramming to do.&nbsp; Looking forward to hearing from you! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4016533/omerta-a-chicago-by-night-vtm-v5-story" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/4016533/omerta-a-chicago-by-night-vtm-v5-story</a>
A question, you said late hours preferable, may I ask how much you would prefer it? Would you be okay with 14-15 pm? And excuse me if you already wrote it but I couldn’t see a specific day, is there any day you prefer/want to run sessions at?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
By default a link such as <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1234567/s" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1234567/s</a> ... is only visible to players already in the game, and only Plus and Pro subscribers can make their games visible to the public , but even then people not in the game can not post to the forums. The best way to handle this situation is to create a Looking for Group listing ; even if you do not enable it for viewing in the LFG Directory you can share the link with others and have a separate Listing Discussion forum just for those potentially interested in your game. As a bonus, anyone who posts to your game's Listing Discussion forum will have a big blue button by their username and all a GM has to is click 'Invite to Game' and an invitation will be sent their way. I hope this helps, happy gaming! :)
Deniz . said: A question, you said late hours preferable, may I ask how much you would prefer it? Would you be okay with 14-15 pm? And excuse me if you already wrote it but I couldn’t see a specific day, is there any day you prefer/want to run sessions at? I'm not saying late hours. Evening EST to be more precise. say 6 or 7pm. I can work to get a time that works best. As for day, early in the week is best
Hey, I would be interested, but as was written before I do not have access to the link you posted. So I'll do my application here! I am 26 years old, live in Europe. I just finished my studies and am currently looking for a job. So I have a lot of free time now and hopefully will be working standard working times soon. I just recently found out about the WoD games after a Humble Bundle for VtM was up for grabs. Checked it out and got hooked. I do not have any WoD playing experience yet, but I did read a bunch of revised edition books, as well as the new V5 core book. I also spent some time on the wiki because I like backstories. So I hope I still qualify for your game, despite being a newbie. As for other RP experience I played DSA (Das Schwarze Auge/the dark eye) for about two years. It is also a RP heavy game, though not as dark as VtM ;-) I've mostly played around a table with friends before, so honestly I do not have experience with many gaming/storytelling styles yet...or what they would be called. I am more than willing to learn and adapt though. About character ideas, I haven't gone into details yet, I usually do those when I know more about the other players or the story. I've been thinking about ex-police and either going into Nosferatu or Brujah direction, I can't decide. Another thing I've been thinking about is a rich girl Ventrue that will have to learn about real life dangers (probably) very soon. I am very willing to make a character based on what the group needs though. I enjoy playing a wide variety of characters. If you are interested in my application message me, and maybe we can continue talking on discord or something similar. Hopefully I'll hear from you soon. Rea
I'd be interested in tossing my name in the hat as well. As far as an 'about me' section: I'm 37, I've played Vampire since 1st Edition, and been a Vampire ST since the late 90's. I tend to prefer games that are heavier with story and roleplay elements than combat that have a more serious tone. When playing, I generally focus on the themes of what I consider 'classic' Vampire - the slow degeneration of morality, the tough choices, the distance between the character and the kine, and the sudden new, dangerous world the characters have been thrust in. Players in my games have likened my style to a noir-type affair, where no one is truly good, or evil, and no one knows who to trust. I prefer playing in those types of chronicles as well. For other experience, I've played almost every other White Wolf system, with some very occasional D&amp;D thrown into the mix, and recently Dark Heresy, which I've really enjoyed atmospherically, but the game system leaves much to be desired. For other WW games, I especially focused a lot on Werewolf and Wraith, enjoying both of those immensely. I tend to play characters that are close to the street, and rarely go for the haute couture vampire type, ala Interview with a Vampire or True Blood. I do mix that up on occasion, but in-general, prefer the pushers, the fixers, and the criminal-minded to other character concepts. Lastly, I'm also an Eastern time player! I currently run a VtM V4 game on Tuesday nights, and we're considering switching to the V5 ruleset as well. I've never run V5 personally, but I'm interested in trying it out.
Mogadishu said: I'd be interested in tossing my name in the hat as well. &nbsp;Players in my games have likened my style to a noir-type affair, where no one is truly good, or evil, and no one knows who to trust. I prefer playing in those types of chronicles as well. Lastly, I'm also an Eastern time player! I currently run a VtM V4 game on Tuesday nights, and we're considering switching to the V5 ruleset as well. I've never run V5 personally, but I'm interested in trying it out. HAHA! Looking for another player?! This sounds really good, and similar to my style. I run games mostly based in "reality". There are consequences to your actions, and people don't just bend to your will unless it benefits them. Or they happen to be nice people. Because there are a lot of those in the WoD /s lol
Someone messaged me from somewhere and I can't find it. Hopefully they hit me up here!
Any idea on day/time? I'm in eastern time myself.&nbsp; I have been looking to get into a V5 game.

Edited 1544640871
I am also interested and am EST as well. Been really wanting to try out the V5 stuff.
I've been interested in v5 since it came out. WoD games have had this knock against them as being superheroes-with-fangs conducive games, which has kept me away, but v5 seems really well built toward a grittier style of game, which I appreciate. I've read the rules for a few versions incl v5. VtM has very interesting fluff which has made reading it, even if I didn't play, still interesting. I've played the Bloodlines PC game, but haven't played the RPG. So yes, I'd be new, but I do know all the Camarilla clans and some of the others. I even know what I fish-Malk is. I know a little bit about the meta. Also, reading is fun. About me: I've been gaming a long time and Vampire is one of the few holes in my resume that I've been wanting to try. I'm 39. You can check my bio for a bit about my style and approach. A consequence-laden game, as opposed to a power fantasy, is exactly what I'd want. Having some authority over the story is when I'm most entertained and comfortable. As a player, my prep is always to have a character-motivated story thread that, if the GM were to turn to me and ask "so what is your character up to?" I'd have an answer at the ready and acting on that answer would drag other PCs into my mess. I don't make loner characters that do their best not to get involved - I aim for the opposite. &nbsp;As for character specifics, Tremere doesn't interest me. As for the rest, I prefer to make characters in collaboration - I much prefer having characters built from the ground up to be related somehow to each other, as opposed to kindred meeting-in-a-tavern/in-front-of-the-Prince. Also, having a bit of tension with the other PCs is always good, IMO. Example: being the younger brother of another PC. This gives them a bit of a chip on their shoulder, trying to one-up their siblings, but also caring for them and being concerned in whatever they get themselves into. So if most others are rebellious Brujah/Gangrel, being civilized and proper like a Venture or Toreador is fun, and vice versa. I think I'd lean toward the rebellious side - it suits my provocative playstyle, but I'm flexible.
Drathe said: This sounds really good, and similar to my style. I run games mostly based in "reality". There are consequences to your actions, and people don't just bend to your will unless it benefits them. Or they happen to be nice people. Because there are a lot of those in the WoD /s lol That's more or less what I was expecting. In my mind that is more or less what the WoD is about. Which is what makes it so interesting to me, compared to DnD and other systems. There is no fun in it if I can get away with doing something phenomenally stupid. Apart from that, I have a question: Do you have a time frame in mind of when your first game would be?
Hi people! We're going to be starting the interview and selection process soon. Please send a PM or list here your application and we will PM you if we feel you'll be a good fit. We already have 2 PCs so it's important for you to be able to gel with us. Game days have been narrowed to Mon, Wed, Thus evenings EST. Looking forward to hearing from you all!&nbsp;
Hello, Your game sounds like something I'd be interested in. I'm old enough to care about eschewing my age in posts if I can avoid it. I was introduced to the newly revised 2nd ed.&nbsp; V:TM &nbsp;in high school and have been playing Vampire (and all its iterations/editions since). Currently, I'm DM'ing a DnD 5E game that's been running for a year and a half that focuses heavily on story and character development. However, when I get an itch to play something more mature, I look to Vampire&nbsp;to scratch it. I enjoy the horror and depravity of Vampire - I especially love playing with troupes that can let loose and get visceral with their characters. Though I try to invest in my characters, I understand that story should always come first and I enjoy playing with ST's who reflect that.&nbsp; When it comes to character concepts, I'm pretty flexible. I like concepts that complement the coterie and story, but aren't disruptive. Thanks for the consideration. -Julia

Edited 1544850578
Forgive me if I missed it midst the morass, but how frequently do you intend to play, and for how long, both per session and as regards the campaign duration? Also, is it text only? Spec pls.
One spot left...quick bump!