Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

how to me DM "predicted rolls"???

ok, so im a DM,  i need / want a way to make my players get s rolled number..  either plot related, quest related, or something like this,  i want to make the next rolled dice a number  say, 18.... so, how do i do that?  how do i make the dice roller give the next rolled D20 a 18 no matter who rolls it. like /dmcall 18     then   next player rolls /r 1d20    they get 18, because i as dm in secrete "gave" them a 18, but as far as they know, they rolled the 18

Edited 1544422060
Short answer: Roll20 is built to prevent cheating by anyone and that includes the GM. Longer answer: There are some ways to get kinda like what you want. See this thread for some ideas: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4102079/way-for-gm-to-fake-rolls" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4102079/way-for-gm-to-fake-rolls</a>
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
As this is not a bug/technical issue, I will bounce this over to Specific Use Questions &amp; Macros, but Rabulias is correct in what he says.
You shouldn't really need botch a roll, that's just plain silly.&nbsp;You're the DM, just adjust the outcome, the players don't know what the DC is or what the roll means. If an event needs to happen... then make it happen.
You can hide rolls with an extra [[]], for example [[ [[ d20+3]] ]] (lets say you rolled a 17, so 20 total) will only show 20 when you hover over it. You can also roll a single sided dice with the number of your choice, such as [[20]] which just outputs 20. With these two combined you could do&nbsp; [[ [[ 18 ]] ]] and your players are none the wise. If you need the player to roll it, make it into a macro or something maybe?