Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sometimes doppelganger character sheets appear

Edited 1544429257
Sometimes, maybe 8-10% of the time, I make an NPC and *poof* a second duplicate NPC character sheet appears for no reason. Dunno why, I didn't make it and I don't want it cluttering the page. Let me delete it.... oh no! Now both are both gone! I have to start over. What my fix is, I've taken to copying the relevent details. Deleting the character, which makes both versions go, then creating a new player sheet and pasting the results there. It works but it's extra work. I'd hope that you'd put some eyeballs to it to discover the glitch as for why these doppleganger character sheets are being generated in the first place. This occurs in the ASoIaF games using those sheets if that affects anything.
Hey Jeff, While we don't have a fix for this issue at the moment - if you could capture a console log when this issue occurs, that would aid a lot in trying to find a permanent solution. Could you please carefully work through these steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both  Chrome   and  Firefox. (Edge is not supported) Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. This includes Tampermonkey and any third-party scripts it may be using. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Thanks CeeJay. I'll keep an eye on that. This has happened to me previously and I've seen it happen to other GMs in ASoIaF game, so it's common there if nowhere else. I'll spread your reply around to the other folks that I know, see if we can track that bug down.