Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wrong character getting accredited with dice rolls

When I roll dice using the ASoIaF character sheets, it ought to give the name of the character sheet that rolled the dice rather than the lat character I'd used to post a message. Here's the exact way to generate the glitch. 1) Have an NPC say something: Larry: "We need to get by these archers quickly or those riders will get away with the loot!" So now I'm speaking as Larry. 2) Combat begins and I open up Generic Archer #3's character sheet and make my roll. What appears is: Larry rolls marksmanship: bows 14. That roll should identify the arrow was fired by Generic Archer #3, whose character sheet was open when I clicked it, not Larry. Larry was just the last person I'd used to speak. Then I invariably have to say "Sorry, that roll was by Archer3, not Larry" which we're use to because we hit that same glitch over and over and over again.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
At a quick glance, the problem seems to be with the character sheet, which uses emotes in its built in roll buttons, rather than calling the name of the character. Thus it will always use "Speaking As" for the name in the chat result. This is not a usual set-up for a sheet. The sheet itself is community contributed, and you will likely need to contact the author, Raul Hess in order to see if this can be changed. Otherwise, if you had a Pro Membership, you could create a personal copy of the sheet code which behaves in the manner you'd prefer. Looking about, it doesn't appear that Raul has posted in about 3 years, so admittedly, that might be fruitless. Your best bet would be to post a request for someone to volunteer to look over the sheet and change the roll template. You'd be most likely to get attention and assistance by posting this in the Character Sheets & Compendium Forum, putting the sheet name in the topic surrounded by brackets, such as "[A Song of Ice and Fire] need help with roll template."
Thanks Kieth. I'll go do that now.

Edited 1544539010
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Good luck. I'll close this thread to limit any responses to the new one. Here's the link for anyone who approaches the problem through this thread.