Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Generic Token Query Macro for Actions

I'm looking for a macro that will allow me to select between an NPCs actions (Maybe even including Multiattack) or between a PCs attacks. I've looked around but couldn't find something that is both generic (meaning I can have the same code on all NPCs or on all PCs and it'll work) and actually works. Thank you.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You'll need to supply the name of the sheet you are using, as this macro will vary wildly depending on the way the sheet is organized. I will note that this macro is build into the Shaped sheet for D&D 5e.
Well, I am not sure exactly what you want, but, if each character has macros for their actions in their sheet abilities, you could add a macro with a common name to each sheet, and have that macro be a chat menu for the other actions, then set that macro as a token action.  Then when you select a token, you will get an action button you can hit which will send you a chat menu to pick from.
Sorry. My bad. I'm using the D&D 5E sheet by Roll20. Aranador, can you give an example? I'm not sure I understand.