Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Brand new players need a little help?

Edited 1544571217
So, I and my daughter have never played a RPG before and are not sure if we will be into it so we decided to go to the game store that host a pathfinder night, well the table that they where going to have us be at fell through, so the GM stayed around to help us with an introduction. He thought we would get much more fun out of the next game if we built our own  characters for next weeks meeting, so he helped us get started, but to be honest I still just don’t get how the stats work. I can’t seem to find any help on YouTube with it because they are all done with dice and that’s not how he was doing it. He said each stat started with ten and then there where 20pt to spend, and you could take pt from other states, but it cost more pts for certain numbers. Again I don’t really understand it yet. Is there anyone out there that can help with the character sheets for a level 1 gnome bard and a level 1 half elf Rogue for  pathfinder society? I mean I already bought the dice, I’m not quite ready to sink the money into the rule book and other stuff yet. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Amanda, We can help you to figure out the Roll20 character sheet, but these forums are specifically for Roll20-oriented topics. Teaching the game is not something we can do here. If your aim is how to learn the game or create a character, I can suggest: /r/rpg  for general knowledge /r/Pathfinder_RPG  for Pathfinder-specific discussion Beyond that, you could try our Looking For Game Tool or Forums , and try to find a game that welcomes newcomers. I'll leave this thread open a little bit longer, in case anyone has any better recommendations of where to find the info you are looking for.
Actually, just pointing me in the right direction is a big help, I didn’t realize getting into RPG was going to be so complicated. But thank you so much for the suggestions.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It really depends on the system of the game. For the more complicated game systems there are macros and api scripts. To learn a game, find a game that welcomes new players and have the GM help you.