Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[A Song of Ice and Fire] sheet need help with roll template

I'd posted a note in the glitch template and the mod that answered, keithcurtis, noticed that the person who uploaded the community provided page hasn't been around for three years and so he recommended that I make a post over here to see if somebody would be willing to help. The problem seems to be with the character sheet, which uses emotes in its built in roll buttons, rather than calling the name of the character. Thus it will always use "Speaking As" for the name in the chat result. This is not a usual set-up for a sheet.  So the way that plays out, if I type as Larry Larry: "Let's get them!" Then I open generic archer #3's sheet and shoot an arrow at the party while Larry remains the last person I've used to post a comment with, the result comes out as: Larry rolls marksmanship (bows) :14  rather than GenericArcher3 rolls marksmanship (bows) : 14 Then I have to point out: "Uh, no everybody, that wasn't Larry's roll that was GenericArcher3" And if anyone is in there monkeying with it, the character sheet can also use another player-editable blank page. We've nowhere to keep track of money/equipment and whatever other entries players want to make. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to fix it. ------ my original post with kiethcurtis https ://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7030607/wrong-character-getting-accredited-with-dice-rolls/?pageforid=7032816#post-7032816
I think I fixed it.  Look in this game and see if it suits ya.

Edited 1544593131
Yes, it's great. Thank you. You've both fixed the rolls and and also added that journal sheets page for equipment now. This will help the ASoIaF community greatly! The next question then is.... since this patch doesn't retroactively fix affect games already using the previous sheet,  is there a way (fast, easy, and painless preferably) for existing campaigns to make the switch to these new, improved sheets and also for new campaigns to find the upgraded sheets? I bet that question is asked a million times in this forum, let me take a look.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If the sheets use the same attribute names in the code, then just switching the sheet in the game settings page should change them over seamlessly. If that's not the case, you'll have to copy the stats manually, a bit of a tedious chore. Either way, it's a good idea for your GM to make a copy of the campaign before changing the sheet, so you have an archive to check the characters against.
Thanks for the tip GiGs. I'm the GM. I'd best make a copy of the campaign now and see if it works.
I was ready to go and create a new ASoIaF campaign page and paused. I saw the ASoIaF game sheet but it's attributed to Raul, who bless him, made a 95% good sheet, but Raul's version comes with the flaws I'd mentioned. I didn't see CPP's upgraded version available. I said, I don't think this is what I want but let's see... created the game, chose the sheet, jumped .... ... it's Raul's.  So, I guess the obvious question is: is CPP's upgraded version available for general use and if so, how do I set up a game with them?

Edited 1544599100
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I cant speak for CPP, but if he just made the changes in that link above, they wont be available for everyone yet. Pro users can create custom sheets for their own use, but to be available for everyone they need to be submitted to roll20, then roll20 gives a quick check to make sure they work okay, and then publishes them so that they are available for all. This usually happens Monday/Tuesday of each week. I think CPP has been modifying the standard sheet available right now, so that means after he submits it to roll20, it will replace the current sheet and you won't have to do anything. Your campaign will be updated early next week with those sheets automatically, with no need to transfer characters.
Oh, happy day. If not just my campaign but everyone across Roll20 using the current sheets logs in one day next week and immediately gets the new ones without having to do anything, it'll be like a Roll20 Christmas present. Every ASoIaF campaign I've been in deals with this.
I have to push the changes to github, the Devs have to look at it to make sure I'm not breaking anything, accept it, and then we all wait for both Github and the Roll20 websites to update.  Its a slow process built to reduce the chance of mistakes. Plus, I wanted to make sure this was what people wanted.
Thanks for doing this. I can appreciate why those safeguards are there as it makes sense.

Edited 1545182500
Bumping this as I'm curious to see if there has been any word on what's happening. Edit: I think I've found the answer:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7051463/submitting-new-sheets-and-sheet-improvements" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7051463/submitting-new-sheets-and-sheet-improvements</a>
...yeeeeeeeeeah.&nbsp; Me and Github have never been on the best terms.&nbsp; I used to have an intermediary that soothed things over, by they got prompted.&nbsp; Now its just me and my caustic attitude to make things work with the website.&nbsp; Might be a week or so.
Still following the topic, thanks for taking the time to see it though
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Dude, Roll20 took a break with sheetupdates over the holiadays until 8th(mentiomed in the title of one of the stickies here). And as that have generated a moderate backlog, it could be until 9th or 10th before it's live.
Thanks for the tip Andreas. I'd missed that but am glad to know the process isn't stalled