Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D 5e OGL] Crit damage roll for paralyzed or unconscious

Is there any way to have an attack roll for critical damage? For now I just create a new attack with a different damage roll, for example normaly it's 2d4+2 but for attacks against paralyzed/unconcious targets I make it 4d4+2 but that does run into the problem that I have to reroll in case i roll and actual crit.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Since you are creating a second attack that is an automatic crit, set your to hit roll on that attack as 1d20cs>1 + [bonuses]. That will set your critical success threshold to 1.
keithcurtis said: Since you are creating a second attack that is an automatic crit, set your to hit roll on that attack as 1d20cs>1 + [bonuses]. That will set your critical success threshold to 1. That sadly enough runs into the problem that you can't set crit ranges for NPCs
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, an NPC does seem to pose a problem. Hopefully someone will come by with a better solution.