Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll20 compatibility with Microsoft Surface Pro 6

Hey Team! Since a couple of years I'm GMing my party from remote thanks to your tool. Thanks for making this possible! We are so happy with it! I have a problem to report though: I recently switched from playing with a MacBook Pro + Bamboo graphic board to the newest Microsoft Surface Pro (6 or 2018) + Bamboo Ink pen and I can't seem to make the newest setup work with Roll20. Clearly if I use the mouse all is working ok, but using the pen tool selection works ok but for example the color picker does not. In the map, I can draw dots but not lines using the freehand tool.  For comparison, I tried to do the same on any random free photoshop online tool and that works without issue. Not sure what is preventing me in Roll20 case though. Thanks for any help you can provide! /Giorgio
Hi Nai, Roll20 does not currently offer explicit support for stylus systems- Interactions between Roll20 and systems such as Wacom or N-Trig are entirely determined by your local setup. If your stylus is set-up to fully emulate a mouse (with no extra features) then it should operate as expected. The problem is that drivers don't always do that properly to the point where it can be very difficult to achieve that configuration. Additionally, we at Roll20 do not have access to anything other than the pointer events provided by the browser. So if a pen's drivers are not providing the correct pointer events, then we cannot properly pick them up.
this is really, really unfortunate. being able to draw directly on the map with a stylus should be how roll20 works, please make it work!