Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Polyline Angle Snap

Hey there, I'm not sure if this is something that's already been posted but I'm about halfway through some serious lighting work on a map and I wanted to throw this idea out there. It would be nice if I could hold a key (alt) to force angle snapping while drawing polylines for lighting (similar to the line tool in many image editors). I realize you can snap to grid, but half the maps I use don't line up exactly with the gridlines to allow the players to see the walls and not just darkness, so the grid snap portion is undesirable. Thanks!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As a temporary workaround in the meantime you can set your grid to be 0.1 or 0.2 units so that the current grid snapping option gives you finer control. Once you've drawn you lighting lines you can put the grid back to normal and reap the reward of a well crafted lighting layer :)

Edited 1544565117
Erik
Pro
That's a really good idea, thanks! I wish I had thought of that 500 map-feet ago. :P
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ziechael said: As a temporary workaround in the meantime you can set your grid to be 0.1 or 0.2 units so that the current grid snapping option gives you finer control. Once you've drawn you lighting lines you can put the grid back to normal and reap the reward of a well crafted lighting layer :) Someone should add that to the Stupid Roll20 Tricks &nbsp;thread... ;-P <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7035555/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7035555/</a>
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .