Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Exploding dice for VTM

Trying to get the exploding dice function to work on VTM but im pulling my hair out at it. It just won't work. It's supposed to count 10's as extra successes but fails to do so every time. /r {(5+?{Extra Successes}+10)d10!s}>6)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
There's no way with the dice engine to count a number as an extra success.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott is absolutely correct that there's no way using the standard dice macro to do this. But you are a Pro user, so if you're the GM for your game you do have access to the API, and should be able to do this with a script. There's a powerful script called Power Cards, that has a thread in the API forum there. One if its users should be able to tell you how to do this with that script. I remember there's another script which monitors chat for results, and could probably intercept critical results and report the extra successes, but I can't remember what that's called. If they dont work out, one of the script writers here (like me!) will help you whip up a custom script to handle it when we have time, if you want to go that route.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Xekiest, I'm bumping this thread to let you know I created a script for this. You can find it here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7040738/script-world-of-darkness-dice" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7040738/script-world-of-darkness-dice</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Xekiest, you may find this page in the wiki to be of some general WoD help.