Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] Unique opportunity - Kids on Bikes

Edited 1544610974
Looking for one possibly two players willing to commit to a few hours every two weeks. This is going to be an actual play podcast project so I'm looking for very specific individuals. If you don't know, Kids on Bikes is a sandbox-style rpg based loosely on shows and films like Stranger Things, Buffy, or The Goonies. The game is rules light and relies heavily on group collaboration to build the world, create the characters and move the narrative along. The game I'll be running is a Homebrew campaign set in the UK in the 70s. This is a great game for people new to TTRPGs I don't expect anybody to know the system at this point. I'm new to the world of podcasting but have been making preparations and have already released a preview episode. The kind of people I'm looking for: Ability to work in a group dynamic essential - kinda obvious but you'd be surprised! Confident, but generous with your RP/improv skills - It doesn't matter how awesome your skills are if you cant help others shine. Understand the concept of context* Committed and punctual - The first arc (depending on the path the players choose) is likely to take 6-8 weeks. Willingness to get behind the project and actively promote it. Requirements: Minimum of one two hour session every two weeks. A reasonably decent mic recording software (audacity is free and pretty straightforward)** You'll need to be able to function around the GMT timezone. I am more than open to players not native to the U.K. -Bad accentswill be actively encouraged! ***   I will not abide bullying or hate speech but I am not afraid to use these traits should the situation deem it necessary. That said, my primary goal is for everyone to have fun so I shan't be actively tackling issues that may cause offence. Additionally, 'no-go areas' are written into the world-building process, so if there are topics you're not comfortable with, they will be avoided.  **I'll need you to send me your side of the recording after each session which I will then edit.
I'm not sure how well I'd rate my " RP/improv skills", but this does sound very cool and I would love to be involved! I'm UK-based, as long as it's an evening or weekend time I'll be available, and usually good at chameleoning into a group. How are you handling "auditions"?
Ha! I could tell you some audition stories!! Why are you offering? The schedule will be fairly relaxed with us planing maybe one or two sessions in advanced if we can. and they'll almost always be weekday evenings. If you don't mind my asking - how old are you? Not that its an issue, I just thought you should no that my other potentials are late twenties/thirties
I'm 26, and really hoping that doesn't make me another "late 20s" :)
Perfect! So do you game much? What is your preferred style character types? Also I’d recommend you check out the Kids on Bikes podcast currently on iTunes the guys are awesome and super friendly and have been helping me out 😁
Harry W.
Forum Champion
Heya, I’d be interested too. I’m uk based, most of my games have been RP focused and are weekends so shouldn’t clash. I’m 21 so not quite late late 20s to 30s but yeah!
Thanks Harry - honestly age isn’t important I just didn’t want people to freak out cos I’m an old fart!  I’ll talk to my group and see what’s decided. If I have enough interest I may run two sessions u should also point out that I’m fairly new to GMing and r20 - not that I want to put anybody off.
Harry W.
Forum Champion
👌

Edited 1544641499
hey this sounds like a great time and I've actually been wanting to get into an actual play podcast of some sort for a while! I've been doing improve for a few years and have been rping since i was like 12 and have always done my best stuff in groups. i'm not uk based but i would love to join! i actually have access to a semi professional level recording studio so audio should be good!    so yeah i'd be super interested! im fairly new to r20 and all but i do know it a little bit. also im 19 so not exactly late 20-30s 
Jimmy T. said: Perfect! So do you game much? What is your preferred style character types? Also I’d recommend you check out the Kids on Bikes podcast currently on iTunes the guys are awesome and super friendly and have been helping me out  My friendship group is basically a big gaming group with a few GMs who'll run games when they feel inspired. I'm in two at the moment (Friday nights and every other Sunday, assuming everyone's available). I tend to gravitate to making skill-monkey-sneaks, though I've played all sorts. A couple of the people I usually play with are complete munchkins, so I often fill in the gaps around their madness.
Kickass, we got some bites! Y'all seem pretty cool so far in my book!
Eve S. said: Kickass, we got some bites! Y'all seem pretty cool so far in my book! nice! if it helps at all i did spend most of my childhood on a bike if thats worth anything
Hi! I've been running and playing games for over 15 years, am a child of the 90's, was in improv throughout college, and majored in theatre performance and voice. I do lot of voices, am creative, and love playing within an ensemble! Buffy, the Goonies, Stranger Things, all of those sorts of stories really connect with me as I also spent most of my childhood on a bike or in the backyard playing with a stick. I am a girl irl but can alter my register to sound like a monster or a kid if needed. I live in the US in the Mountain Time Zone, however am willing to record when you guys do provided it's not like 3 in the morning lol. I hope to hear from you guys soon, the project sounds fun and current to modern nostalgia culture! :)
Hi Kayla, unfortunately we’ve hit capacity. However my hope is to begin to introduce a rolling cast next year. If you would still like to be involved I’m happy to add you to the list ☺️
That sounds fantastic! I'd love to be added to the list. Good luck with production and merry adventures! :)