Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using Shift+L to see player view still shows things hidden in gm layer

Hey guys, again hopefully simple fix, As a GM i'm trying to see what the players can see and doing the shift+L seems to allow me to see what they can see which includes stuff hidden on the gm layer.  Is there a setting i'm missing, an easy fix somewhere?  Let me know 

Edited 1544632499
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As you are still logged in on your account, even looking through a players eyes, you are looking at things with a DM's privileges. To fully view things as a player you'd need to add yourself to that characters 'control' setting and 're-join as player' to get a true representation (don't forget to have the player ribbon on the right page before you switch to 'player').
Thanks for the advice! May I ask what the player ribbon is?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Zidane Alpha, You can find out about the Player Ribbon and general page management here in the wiki.