Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unable to copy game

It creates a copy but the journal and pages are not copied so essentially it isn't being copied.  I have read that it may be because of the size of my game...but given that it has gotten very large I have more reason to back up and use the work I have put into one campaign into another.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can try emailing <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and asking for assistance, but it might be too big to copy. I know mine is, so I have settled for transmogrifying everything I can into a library campaign .
To follow on keithcurtis's library campaigns, I break them out even further, with an Atlas game to hold maps, and a Bestiary game to hold monsters/opponents. You could break things down even further depending on the nature and contents of your game.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rabulais, a lot of my maps have tokens on them that refer to characters. Does your method create any problems with token-character association?

Edited 1544673802
The maps are just the locations; I have not tried to save "populated" locations, so I don't know. I imagine it would not work because the character IDs would be from a different game than the tokens. My usual method is to pull in a map from the Atlas game, pull in characters/monsters from the Bestiary game, then drag-and-drop from the Journal to the tabletop to populate the map and create tokens.