Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5e OGL Mordenkeinen and Volo's not fully Compendium Compatible?

Recently bought Mordenkeinen/Volo's/Guidmasters Guide to Ravnica, and while some aspects of each seem to work in the compendium, it doesn't feel complete. Volo's monster races cant be chosen as a playable race, are only handouts, still have to manually input it. Mordenkeinen's various subraces for Elves, Tieflings, etc are also only handouts. Guildmasters Guide races seem to work, but the two subclasses are only handouts. Will there be a fix for these to incorporate them fully into the compendium?
Thanks for the warning, I was considering gifting myself those when the New Year rolled around and the Holiday shopping was through. With all the talk of only selling books that are Charactermancer-ready, I feel like I am hearing a bit of empty excuses for Xanathar now. The main reason I have heard for not including XGE on the site is because it isn't Charactermancer ready.
XGtE isnt even available on Roll20. You might be confusing XGtE with MToF.
The only person mentioning XGE was me, who complained that he reason it IS NOT on Roll20 sounds like empty excuses.
Well, the others arent exactly charactermancer ready either, yet they are on the site. Becoming enabled takes time and effort on Roll20 staff to add all that in. Not just a button that makes it happen. If that were really the only reason, then there wouldnt be any more reason to have other books, like Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica on here instead of Xanathars Guide to Everything or Sword Coast Adventure Guide. I think the main draw for the ones available were not the Races/Subraces and Subclasses, but instead their extended list of Monsters.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi folks!  This has been covered a few other places, but as a reminder: Charactermancer currently supports only level 1 character creation. This is why the druid subclass in Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica is only available as text. The cleric subclass (Order domain) should be available at character creation on the Charactermancer.  As Xanathar's Guide to Everything covers a majority of post-level 1 character options, it will not be available until levelling is added to the Charactermancer. This is currently in development.  Once the Charactermancer has levelling and is a stable build, older products (Volo's, Mordenkainen's) will be updated to be fully integrated into the Charactermancer.
Oh. Alright, thank you. That answers it perfectly.