Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using a drawing tablet with roll20?

Has anyone used a drawing tablet with roll20? Does it work with the drawing tool within roll20? What did you think of it? Im thinking about getting a relatively cheap drawing tablet XP-Pen DECO 01 ( <a href="https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/224.html" rel="nofollow">https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/224.html</a> ) so I can draw some quick encounters on the fly in case my players go off track and I dont have an encounter map prepared for them. Thanks for the help!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have no issues with my Wacom, other than adding waypoints on ruler movement is difficult.

Edited 1544711908
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi Feng, A Dev had this to say about this: Drespar &nbsp;said: Roll20 does not currently offer explicit support for stylus systems- Interactions between Roll20 and systems such as Wacom or N-Trig are entirely determined by your local setup. If your stylus is set-up to fully emulate a mouse (with no extra features) then it should operate as expected. The problem is that drivers don't always do that properly to the point where it can be very difficult to achieve that configuration. Additionally, we at Roll20 do not have access to anything other than the pointer events provided by the browser. So if a pen's drivers are not providing the correct pointer events, then we cannot properly pick them up. Now I have heard some members being able to use a drawing tablet but I don't know first hand on how it works out. Maybe someone that uses one will chime in.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I always use my ancient Wacom Bamboo tablet when using Roll20's virtual tabletop. Every now and then after I hold the pen button to pan the screen, it gets into a weird mode where it thinks I'm constantly scrolling down, but after I click anywhere with my normal mouse that fixes itself. Otherwise, it works great for me!
I use a drawing tablet too but discovered it would only work when Roll20 was displayed using Firefox and not Google. If yours doesn't work, try another internet OS.
I think it depends on the tablet. I own a Huion H610Pro. When I attempt to draw a line with it in roll20 I get a dot at the start. I admittedly have not spent time attempting to get it working as it is not on my list of priorities to spend time one.

Edited 1549868483
I would personally recommend the XP-Pen Deco 03 Wireless&nbsp;&nbsp; Graphics Tablet if it's available in your region and you're willing to spend 100 USD because of its like-Intuos Pro comfort.This is my favourite screen-less tablet at the moment because it has the best pen pressure and drawing experience I've had so far. I don't find the advertised red dial very useful and the wireless is "eh", but if you ignore those side features, the comfort of the pen and the control you have over the pen pressure are absolutely fantastic.