Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bug from 5 Months Ago Still Occurring?

Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
I went to send a private message to a player today and ran into an issue. When I go to any users profile and click "Send Private Message", there is nowhere for me to type the body of the message. After a quick google search, I found this thread  from 5 months ago, which appears to be the exact same problem I'm having. A dev responded but there's no follow up, so I'm not sure if the issue has been resolved. Chrome 70.0.3538.11 Windows 10 Javascript enabled Avast anti-virus Extensions/Addons disabled I use a laptop with a screen resolution of 1600 x 900.

Edited 1544726193
Drespar
Roll20 Team
Hi Kirsty, This issue has not been fully resolved and is still being investigated. There have been some reports of inspecting element resolving the issue when it crops up. Alternatively, a refresh of the page can often help as well.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the quick response, Drespar. Inspecting the element did not help, but doing a refresh of the page did the trick. Thank you for the info and sorry for the duplicate post of the issue. 
When that happens to me, I click the last dash among all the icons, the minus sign that when you hoover over it says:Insert Horizontal Rule. 
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the tip, Jeff! I'll give that a try next time it happens. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Jeff H. said: When that happens to me, I click the last dash among all the icons, the minus sign that when you hoover over it says:Insert Horizontal Rule.  Neat trick. There is a field there, and a paragraph inserted by the button (containing the horizontal rule), but it remains invisible. But the remainder of the field becomes editable. How odd.