Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Explored" Grey light possible with Dynamic Lighting and Advanced Fog of War?

Hello, I've looked around and couldn't find a certain answer for this. Currently, when I have dynamic lighting and advanced fog of war on, once a token moved away from an area it goes completely black. It is possible to have it so when a token moves, the area they were previously in stays grey? Without dynamic lighting and just advanced fog of war that is what happens. Possible or not?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is what should be happening with DL and afow enabled. Can you post a screenshot of your page settings and one of a player's token's light settings?
Scott, Since posting, I've messed around with different browsers. It works as it is supposed to in Safari, not in Chrome. Using Firefox is weird, when moving around it flashes different parts of the map.  Regardless, at least I seemed to have made it work in Safari. See attached if you're still interested.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hmm, weird, I would have expected safari to not work. I'd recommend working through the troubleshooting steps, including the console log if steps 1-3 don't work. And I'd do it for both Firefox and chrome since it sounds like neither are working as expected. Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox . Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
While Safari may or may not work, Roll20 only officially supports Chrome and Firefox, in their latest stable public-release versions.  Scott's triage checklist is the best place to start, and please don't forget step 4 if steps 2-3 do not fix the issue.
Not sure if it's causing your problems, but I think you may have your light radii reversed. The first number should be the maximum radius of light and should normally be higher than the second number, which is how far out does the light begin to dim.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Rabulais brings up a good point. Your settings will have no dim light, and inverting the values may not pay well with "Dim Light Reveals".