Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New to macros, Too many dice

As a quick example for a multiattack macro: %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action} %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action} %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$2_npc_action} In my instance, a normal roll, the attacks should roll as 2 d20's (one for each attack) and 1 d10 for each attack for a total of 2 d10s.  What I end up getting is 3 d20's and 4 d10's. It want it to display as something like for instance. Multiattack So and So attacks twice with her Halberd. Halberd Attack: 15 Damage: 8 bludgeoning damage Halberd Attack: 13 Damage: 5 bludgeoning Is there a way to not have 3d dice roll for crit (if that is the problem and not the macros) automatically?  Is the listing for Multiattack also rolling a dice?  If so how can I display that text without extra dice rolling. I apologize for the simple question, just irking me seeing and not able to figure it out.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
You could copypaste what r epeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action   contains, because most people here don't know by heart what a random character value contains. Is it something that comes from a character sheet you're using? Is there a way to not have 3d dice roll for crit (if that is the problem and not the macros) automatically?  Is the listing for Multiattack also rolling a dice?  If so how can I display that text without extra dice rolling. I have the suspicion that you're playing with either D&D5E sheet and they work differently from eachother, so we need to know what sheet you use to be able to help or point to the right wiki article for the corresponding sheet. Someone familiar with both D&D5E sheets might know from the little you told which one you have.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
So this is an issue with how roll templates function. Roll templates conditionally display content, but in order to tell what they should display, they have to roll all the dice when they are sent and then sort through them to display what is appropriate. Unfortunately, there isn't really a way around this other than to just not use 3d dice.
Thanks.  I have decided to turn off 3d dice.  I am dm'ing for some younger kids and I know without a doubt they would get fixated on that higher dice roll that isn't being counted lol