Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped] Some suggestions, if I may ...

As we all know, I LOVE this sheet!  Performance is exactly as I intend it and it's fantastic. I wanted to offer some suggestions for improving it, or 'tweaking' it a bit.  So here goes: Attunement Slots: 3 1-line fields proceeded by checkboxes at the top of the farthest left "Miscellaneous Notes" box.  Referable by "attuned_1_name", "attuned_2_name", "attuned_3_name" and ChatSetAttr and other Macros/ APIs toggle via "attuned_1_check|0" "attuned_1_check|1", and so on, just to keep track of these things. Variants to Initiative: I don't know about anyone else, and maybe I'm just not doing it correctly, but could we get some control over how the "initiative" formula is rolled?  There are a few subclasses that have strange formulas, allowing additional modifiers than dexterity.  For instance, the rogue swashbuckler will get to add charisma to initiative, and the war wizard is allowed to add his intelligence.  The problem I've had is character's getting completely broken using Group-Init, because if I change the attribute, one of two things will happen: The sheet corrects itself back to Dexerity+d20, or, infinite loops occur in the game, shutting down the API Sandbox, making that particular character only able to roll into initiative manually.  What I was looking for was a setting that allowed any other ability modifier to be added to the roll (Ex: d20+Dex+Cha), another to omit Dexterity as part of the initiative formula (Ex, without the other two replacing, just a straight d20 roll), and another to subtract a modifier from initiative instead of adding it (ex: d20+Dex-Sanity).  Admittedly, this may be a Group Init problem as well.  If Group Init takes only a d20+Dex as it's formula, instead of incorporating the initiative formula attribute, rolling its own d20 and adding a pulled Dex modifier, that could make any changes fail.  Or I just don't know how to use the initiative formula syntax correctly, I'm not sure.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can modify the initiative formula by creating a modifier in the modifiers section, that adjusts the Initiative Ability check, you can add a constant, a die roll or another Ability score. Assuming Group Initiative is configured correctly , it will respect this formula. As for your first suggestion, You should post that to the issue tracker, instead of here on the forums. Kryx, the creator of the sheet, only uses that to tracks suggestions and bugs. The issue tracker has a link at the bottom of every character sheet, as does the documentation wiki.
yep, but never was able to get to to work for me- shows me a list, but doesn't let me post anything. any screens on how to modify initiative?

Edited 1545185482
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You need to log in to bitbucket.org in order to post. It's a free account. Log In/Create is a button at lower left. Once logged in and viewing the page, the "Create Issue" button is upper right. And here is an example of a modifier that adds Charisma to the Initiative roll. By clicking the checkbox next to "Init", you can modify the initiative roll on the fly. You'll likely just leave it on all the time, though.
keithcurtis said: You need to log in to bitbucket.org in order to post. It's a free account. Log In/Create is a button at lower left. Once logged in and viewing the page, the "Create Issue" button is upper right. And here is an example of a modifier that adds Charisma to the Initiative roll. By clicking the checkbox next to "Init", you can modify the initiative roll on the fly. You'll likely just leave it on all the time, though. Sweet - never noticed that b4!  I'll try to get on bitbucket