Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting Not Working when viewed with [CTRL]-L

Pat
Pro
API Scripter
I'm not sure exactly when it occurred.  All tokens in question have "has sight" set.  I select a player token on a map with dynamic lighting enabled.  I press [CTRL]-L to view the lighting from their point of view.  No lights that are not set on the player token itself are viewable.  If I create a token that I can use (with my name alone) and join as a player, I can see all lights set to "all players see lights."  If, however, I [CTRL]-L while in GM mode on that same token (set to controllable by me) - it cannot see any lights set to "all players see light." In the moments before I press this key combination, I as the GM see the light coming off of the tokens set to emit light. Once I select the token and press [CTRL]-L, I fail to see any light at all, despite selecting a token for view that has sight (verified by joining as player) and which is under my own control (again, verified as joining as player).  The ONLY light I can see in [CTRL]-L mode is that emitted by the token itself.   I don't think it is a case of hardware acceleration or browser settings, as it only occurs (failure to see light sources) under the GM-using-[CTRL]-L mode.
is everything on the proper layers?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I am seeing this behavior as well, and will escalate.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
I am still having this problem on games. It is frustratingly intermittent, so some design sessions I had no trouble, - the next day, it was back. Currently [CTRL-L] does not work as expected. 
Hi Pat, could you check on your setting for "Enforce Line of Sight"? I believe I am seeing what you are but I just want to make sure the settings I am using are the same. On that note, a screenshot of token settings and map settings would likely be helpful in this area.