Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Subscription purchases

I want to buy waterdeep dragon heist to play through with my friends. I would like to have it set on my laptop, and have another account logged on to my desktop which would be hooked up to my living room tv. We would all be using paper pencils and real dice. If I'm just using it for the maps, token moving, and images to show players; I wouldn't need to buy the core supplement books on roll20, right? Just waterdeep?
No, you would not need to buy the core books, in addition to Dragon Heist, just to use the maps and images of the adventure.
Hi Joseph, The Waterdeep: Dragon Heist module on Roll20 contains everything the book also contains and are converted for use in a VTT. Maps set-up with dynamic lighting, tokens with stats, how to run the entire adventure for the DM, etc. You don't need to buy the Players Handbook, Volo's, or any other core book. The module has everything you need to run that adventure. If you want to expand on the adventure, like adding a few new encounters with monsters not used in the module itself you would have to either make them yourself (which is not hard to do but takes time) or buy Volo's or the Monster Manual. Also, while all the maps are set-up for dynamic lighting, only plus or pro subscribers can actually use it. I highly recommend getting at least a plus subscription but it's definitely not required to play, you can also manually reveal the map for your players. I hope this answers your questions and if you have any more let me know!