Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Need Help Removing "= 0" In Chat When Using Macro

Hello, so I've set up a macro that uses a rollable table. It works just like 1d6, but instead of showing numbers, it randomly switches between two images (for success and failure). Works great! But after every roll, below the image results, there's an "= 0". Since my dice aren't using numbers, I would just like the images to be shown and not the "= 0". How would I go about fixing that?
1546980837
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Probably the only option is an API script, which requires a Pro subscription.
1546980954
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you put the roll in a rolltemplate, or inline roll? Not sure how well rollable tables interact with these.
1546981849
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Images from Rollable Tables won't show in an inline roll.
1546982629
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, shame. 
1546982879

Edited 1546982978
Yeah, I tried an inline roll, but only the titles of the dice faces showed, not the images unfortunately. It's not the biggest problem to have the = 0, but if I can remove it that'd be awesome! Hmm even if I did get pro, I wouldn't know how to put together the API script to do that. Thanks for the replies!
Could you set up this as a 'rollable token' and instead of calling the table, you flip the token to a random side - so basically you are building a virtual die object that would be sitting on your game table?  Not sure exactly what you are needing out of this, so it might not be a solution that will work for you.
1547048289
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Rolling a Rollable Table Token still results in the output to chat (which I find ever so annoying if I’m trying to make a random looking horde of skeletons—no way to make it a whisper.). You wouldn’t need to write an API script for it, Recursive Table already does this. See the second example. 
1547052409
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Couldn't you make the image a token, as recommended, and then once it's on the table, delete the table, so you have a multi-sided token?
1547059738
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You can, but that doesn’t change the output to the chat. Incidentally, weights are not respected for Rollable Table Tokens. Once the token is created, there is no association between it and the source table. (In fact, you don’t even need a source table, you can create them in the API directly. It’s just a graphic with a current_side property for an index and a sides property with an encoded list of image urls. )
1547064457
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Wow...I need to take a nap...my response was soooo unclear. LOL What I should have said was take the Rollable table and put it as a multisided token on the VTT, then remove the Rollable Table, because then you can do Random Side on the multi-sided token and you won't get output in the chat window.
1547067235

Edited 1547067317
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
You may not be able to get it to whisper, but if you /talktomyself before changing sides on a token, it doesn't output anything to chat. Of course, then you have to remember to turn your chat back on, or you will be wondering why no one else can see what you are doing.  I have TTMS as a global macro in games I DM, and as a token macro in some games I play so that I can mess with macros or whatever without making everyone watch.
1547074439
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Finderski said: Wow...I need to take a nap...my response was soooo unclear. LOL What I should have said was take the Rollable table and put it as a multisided token on the VTT, then remove the Rollable Table, because then you can do Random Side on the multi-sided token and you won't get output in the chat window. That’s how I understood you. =D. I’ll verify, but I’m 98% sure my response is still accurate. 
1547083549

Edited 1547083616
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The Aaron said: Finderski said: Wow...I need to take a nap...my response was soooo unclear. LOL What I should have said was take the Rollable table and put it as a multisided token on the VTT, then remove the Rollable Table, because then you can do Random Side on the multi-sided token and you won't get output in the chat window. That’s how I understood you. =D. I’ll verify, but I’m 98% sure my response is still accurate.  I stand corrected.  It will output to the chat, but it doesn't have the = 0 with it.  There isn't a need to remove the rollable table. (I'd upload a picture, but that seems not to be working...)