Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Jukebox Cutting out for me and local player, not for players abroad

I run a campaign currently with me acting as DM, my spouse is playing on her Laptop locally, and we have two friends playing in another state. We use Google Hangouts for vid and voice chat. Periodically and for the last two sessions predominately, the Jukebox basically cuts out and plays sporadically for me and my spouse's feed during our session and seems to play fine for the other two players abroad. Needless to say it's a little bit frustrating and jarring to not hear what I've selected during a crucial story segment or battle, as it keeps cutting out and not playing correctly. I mostly upload through soundcloud. Is there any known issue with Google hangouts specifically? Anyone know of any setting that might be causing this issue? It's affecting my game quite a bit. Could it be a setting on my end or my spouse's end that causes the audio to cut out like that only on our end? Thanks for any help.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, soundcloud support was discontinued a year (maybe two) ago. Are you perhaps uploading via fanburst instead? Fanburst has become extremely unreliable and can cause issues where some people don't get the audio while others do. Roll20 is working on an internal audio player (and it's actually on the dev server for testing) so that they can phase out Fanburst for a more reliable method.
Hey Ancient Toaster, I can confirm that Fanburst has been having trouble (as I am sure everyone here is also painfully aware). Unfortunately we do not have an ETA on when this will be resolved due to the 3rd party nature. We are still working on what we can for this issue and continue work on our proprietary system for music uploads. Apologies for the inconvenience!
Sorry guys, I meant to say Fanburst, not Soundcloud. Thanks for correcting me. I hope you guys find a fix soon. Any ideas for a temporary fix or method to enjoy background ambience, music etc in the meantime?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Well, in the short term, you could upgrade to pro to access the dev server and run your game on there until the Roll20 internal audio option goes live. There are some caveats to this though based on the information Stephanie has given in the Pro forum post on the test: Audio uploaded to the dev server for the beta test of the feature won't be available on live when the feature goes live I have no idea how close to going live this is. It could be next week, or it could be next quarter. I'm not a Roll20 staff member so I shouldn't, and won't even try to, give an estimate