Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DM Map Notes

I am new to Roll20 so maybe I'm looking for a feature that doesn't exist. I purchased Lost Mines of Phandelver and expected the DM map to include notes. For example I expected that if I clicked the area labeled "1" on the DM map that text about area 1 would pop up. Am I missing something or is this not the way these modules work?

Edited 1547686329
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The text and notes of the adventure are located in handouts in your journal tab. That sort of interactivity does not exist in Roll20, though it is a popular suggestion.
You said you are new to Roll20. The journal is on the upper right side(looks like a newspaper) as you scroll down that info is going to be inside the outline of information.
Thanks for the replies! I had found the journal but was hopping if I clicked an area labeled on the DM map that the journal entry corresponding to that area would pop up. So I guess i have to add this functionality myself? Any advice on the best practice for doing that?

Edited 1547734841
If you were to copy the data in the handouts and paste them into the bio tabs of some character sheets and link the numbered area tokens to those sheets, the functionality you are looking for would be possible. Once you link the tokens to character sheets, you’d simply hold shift and double click the token and the appropriate character sheet would open up right into the bio tab as default.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here are a couple of links that might be of help: Invisible Tokens - The Notes Token Invisible Tokens - The Notes Token (API version) Map Pins
Nice work around, some time up front, but may save much more later.