Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Requesting help with attributes...

Ok...I have several attribute values that are being auto-calculated without any input from the keyboard. I have noticed however that these are not saved automatically to the "attributes and abilities" page. I have also noticed that any attribute values that have a default value are likewise not saved to the "attributes and abilities" page. Is there some way that I can "force" these values to be saved to the "attributes and abilities" page? I have looked through the forums and the only thing I can find is something called "SetAttrs" in Sheetworker (which I know nothing about). Please tell me I am not going to have to learn how to use sheetworker as well??  pretty please??  :'( Thanks...Ray
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Attributes with a default value, and attributes in repeating sections, don't appear on the attributes & abilities. You can access these attributes with the appropriate attribute call (@{attribute_name} - though repeating attributes are a bit trickier, you can still do it) , so there's no need for them to appear on the attributes & abilities tab.
GiGs said: Attributes with a default value, and attributes in repeating sections, don't appear on the attributes & abilities. You can access these attributes with the appropriate attribute call (@{attribute_name} - though repeating attributes are a bit trickier, you can still do it) , so there's no need for them to appear on the attributes & abilities tab. What about accessing the attribute via an external macro activated from a token? If the attribute is not on the "attributes and abilities" how does the macro find it??
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There are a lot of invisible attributes (that dont show up on that tab), but the roll20 system knows they exist. If it's on the character sheet (including as a defaul value) you can access it with a macro. The Attributes frame on the A&A tab is completely unneeded for interacting with stuff on the character sheet. It's main purpose since the addition of the character sheet feature is to let you manually add attributes that aren't on the character sheet, or design characters without using a character sheet. If you are using a character sheet, everything on it is accessible from a macro.
GiGs said: There are a lot of invisible attributes (that dont show up on that tab), but the roll20 system knows they exist. If it's on the character sheet (including as a defaul value) you can access it with a macro. The Attributes frame on the A&A tab is completely unneeded for interacting with stuff on the character sheet. It's main purpose since the addition of the character sheet feature is to let you manually add attributes that aren't on the character sheet, or design characters without using a character sheet. If you are using a character sheet, everything on it is accessible from a macro. You are a Legend! That answers my question exactly.  *happy dance*  :D