Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unable to add or wrap images in forum posts

Hello admins and devs, Prior to the addition of the charactomancer functionality, we were able to able to add images to forum posts. Not only that we were able to wrap text around right or left justified images. Now a few months later we are still unable to do either of these things. When may we expect this functionality to be restored? Thanks!

Edited 1547736002
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This functionality was actually lost during the Text Editor update. I don't know if any change has been announced, but there is a horribly convoluted workaround . Be sure to read the follow-up post by user Noon.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Wrapping text and aligning images in forums, handouts, bio/gm notes... seems like such a basic feature.  It's 2019.  Please re-visit the text editor "overhaul".
keithcurtis said: This functionality was actually lost during the Text Editor update. I don't know if any change has been announced, but there is a horribly convoluted workaround . Be sure to read the follow-up post by user Noon. So it occurs to me that Keith's workaround might be based on how the operating system clipboard talks to the Roll20 forum post/character editor inside the browser. If so, that means I should be able to do Keith's workaround with many WYSIWYG HTML editors, like Adobe PageMill, GoLive, Kompozer, Nvu, FrontPage, etc as well. I'll need to try that. I'll report back here if I am successful.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Please remember the caveats. This tip is not responsible for potential damage done to your game, the veracity of your tax return, comic misunderstands leading to 23 minutes of hilarious hijinks, or spontaneous cases of mumps in Rhesus monkeys. Use at your own risk.
Gotcha, luckily I'm not doing this to anything really complicated like a character with tables or multiply nested bulleted lists or something like that. If it it totally fries my game session summary, I have backups and can delete the old one and post a fresh one. Anyway, trying my idea right now now, even as we speak.