Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

A beginner having trouble using maps

Good evening. I'm new to Roll20 as a DM. I was trying to set up a map (drag and drop an image from the marketplace) but when I do, there are no options when I right or left click, and, when I try to delete the image and start over, the same thing happens on the new page. When I drag my mouse across the image (map) I get the measuring tool. This happens in map overlay mode as well as the objects and tokens mode. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help. 
1548811181
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
You are likely in the mode of using the map measuring tool - you need to select the manipulator tool in the left side of the screen - the stack of tools that shows an arrow, a cube, a brush, a lightning bolt... you need to select the top one. Then you can manipulate graphics on the desktop. This mode does not prohibit drag-and-drop from the right, which can make all of this confusing. 
1548812910
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
The top box of the toolbar needs to be selected if you wish to move the asset around or be able to right click the art asset.
I'll give that a shot. Thanks for your help!