Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sheet Not Working for Valor: The Heroic Roleplay System

Edited 1549295853
Mig
Plus
First of all I just want to thank the author who stepped up to make an automated sheet for this game. It's my favorite system, just really hard to organize a game online, functionally. And I would have no idea how to even put a Roll20 sheet together. But the sheet doesn't seem to be working for me, specifically the Techniques tab. The description of the sheet says it "generates Technique descriptions in real time," but unlike the Skills tab, this one is missing some crucial dropdown menus, and Mods/Limits can only be written into text boxes. This means that Technique Levels and Stamina Reductions don't calculate. It also prevents the Technique from being rolled using any info other than its name. I don't know if the sheet is just a WIP or if there's something wrong. The description in the game details page suggests it should be functioning just fine. It's a long shot looking for someone who knows anything about this underrepresented game's resources, but if anyone uses it or knows what might be wrong with the sheet, or if there's something I'm doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it. I'm new to this site, new to DMing in general, just trying to put together a good experience for my party.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You might try sending a PM to the sheet's author Prof  in cased they don't happen to follow the forums.  Cheers
Vince said: You might try sending a PM to the sheet's author Prof  in cased they don't happen to follow the forums.  Cheers Thank you kindly, man. I had no idea how to find or contact the author, he was listed under his real name on the description.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yeah it's a bit tricky for the average user to contact the sheet author, but their userid (and thus way to find their profile) can be found by by looking up the sheet' sourcecode's sheet.json file This actually give me an idea...
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What idea is that, Andreas?

Edited 1549296046
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings, I submitted this as a GitHub issue and pinged the sheet author for you. Posting here is fine. Its a bit tricky to know where to fine a sheet author as some are here and some never check the forum.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
GiGs said: What idea is that, Andreas? Oh, like making a script that searches through the repository's every sheet.json, and pulls up the " roll20id" , " author name" and " sheet name" &nbsp;&nbsp;from each and then creates an URL link to the sheet author's Roll20 profile, as you only need the roll20id to find someone. Something like&nbsp; &nbsp;[Sheetname] [Authorname] <a href="https://app.roll20.net/users/[roll20id]" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/users/[roll20id]</a> Or just manually do this, kinda sounds like 50/50 which is less work, depending on how good the person is at that kind of stuff. Don't worry, I'll rather work on improving the Automatization script &nbsp;for Sheet translations I mentioned some time ago. Actually conidering my GitHub would look better in job search I'd really should clean it up and drop it there. But seriously I made it in C of all things, not the best idea for text/file manipulation.
Thanks for helping this code-illiterate R20-noob out guys. The author Prof says he's aware of the bug and has already submitted a fix, so it looks like the problem is next to solved. Thanks for the assistance getting in touch, at least now I have something to tell my players!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Miggy, Charsheets will be updated in the next hour. You might check to see if its fixed soon and let Prof know. :) Thanks, Cassi
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Andreas J. said: Or just manually do this, kinda sounds like 50/50 which is less work, depending on how good the person is at that kind of stuff. Don't worry, I'll rather work on improving the Automatization script &nbsp;for Sheet translations I mentioned some time ago. Actually conidering my GitHub would look better in job search I'd really should clean it up and drop it there. But seriously I made it in C of all things, not the best idea for text/file manipulation. How's your script coming Andreas?&nbsp; I believe something like this would really help out.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Vince said: How's your script coming Andreas?&nbsp; I believe something like this would really help out. I haven't really worked on it further, and apart from the samples in the earlier post, it can be seen it works only in the most standard cases. I know the value it could have if I continue working on it. As I just said, I'll try to clean it up and drop on GitHub at some point, if I don't continue working on it again(and given that it's written in C, it's not too easy to improve when it's comes to text/file editing). At least OverTheEdge2E &nbsp;was translated 90% with the script, but that only worked as it was a simple sheet. I'll post a thread about it when I find the time to do something about it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the update Andreas.