Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Release] Fantasy Maps by Czepeku

Edited 1549334664
Czepeku
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Fantasy Campaign Maps! Hey everyone! Czepeku here. This is my new pack. Check it out here ! I'm trying something different with this one. This pack contains 10 beautiful elevation maps of sweeping continents, archipelagos and mountain ranges, at 18x28 tiles. Each map comes in two variations, a weathered ancient look and a bright modern style (see below). Want to give your players some context to that homebrew you’re running? Don’t have the time to design and draw out your own worlds and landmasses? These are for you! Each map is designed to be unique enough for a wide range of settings, high fantasy, alt-earth, sci-fi, you name it. Included in the pack are markers for cities, castles, ports, caves, mountain tops, monasteries and more. The markers allow you to quickly customize each map to your particular campaign and setting. Players goofing off in the wrong direction? Well, a new settlement is just a click away! Included with the pack are two maps with pre-placed markers to help spark your imagination. Here are examples of what the maps look like, weathered and modern. And also an example with the markers added. If this pack proves popular I'd love to make more maps in this style.
Gold
Forum Champion
I'm interested and considering. The maps are pretty to look at. My question, what led you to decide on the 18x28 sizing in terms of Roll20 square units? Do you recommend a particular map scale setting, or find it works in a variety of scales?
Czepeku
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Thanks for considering them. The resolution was decided through some trial and error and decided by what looked best on my screen. The maps have a grid overlaid, the map is designed to scale until it matches Roll20s grid. As most people have horizontal monitors and even wide screen monitors, i wanted the maps to be portrait so that they could sit on one side of the screen as an overview while info sheets or battlemaps were on the other side of the screen. I hope that helps.