Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Curse of Strahd 5e Premade Campaign Bug: Characters periodically going blind?

Hi, My players love the CoS campaign you all have created, and, mostly, it works out great. A recurring problem, however, is that my player's tokens will become periodically blind and unable to perceive anything around them. A temporary fix is extending a visible light, but as soon as I attempt to add bright light extended beyond the dim, it bugs out again. Having a terrified player unable to see any combat is, quite obviously, problematic, and it only happens occasionally, when the same token was fine last session. Also, no amount of refreshing can fix it. Has anyone encounter a quick fix for this bug? Thank you!!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you positive that the default token you are saving has the proper sight upon it? If you save a default token, and then change the sight settings, any token you drag out will not have those settings.
I thought I did, but I will double check to make sure. Thanks!
Hi Emily, We apologize for the delay. To confirm, are you still experiencing issues with this or is this now resolved for you?
The issue I found, at least in most cases, would be either my player's errors in inadequately lit environments (i.e. no one would specify that they had light without darkvision and then made it sound like a technical error) or that the token would be sitting in an area where field of vision is limited or unavailable. So, in most cases, we are doing just fine. I can finesse the error in some way or another, and the times when we do completely bug out (i.e. server error of some kind, I can only assume) then the person just deals with it. Thanks!
Feel free to resolve the thread, I can only assume it is my own tech errors that cause this.