Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Remove Extra Chat Label

Howdy. I'm a macro novice. I have a simple macro for rolling weapon attacks: /as @{selected|character_name} **Battleaxe Attack** [[d20+@{npc_proficiency_mod}+@{npc_strength_mod} ]] vs AC | [[d20+@{npc_proficiency_mod}+@{npc_strength_mod} ]] vs AC [[1d10+@{npc_strength_mod}]] slashing damage plus [[1d10]] more if critical hit BUT, when I roll it, I get an extra label. How do I get rid of that extra "Paul (GM) (GM):" label? I know it's a goofy little thing, but it's annoying when trying to scroll up &amp; down to find the right attacks. 8:50PM Bugbear_Archer: &nbsp; Battleaxe Attack 8:50PM Paul (GM) (GM): <span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" title=" Rolling d20+2+(floor((15-10)/2)) = ( 4 )+2+(floor((15-10)/2))" style="box-sizing: content-box; background-color: rgb(254, 246, 142); border: 2px solid rgb(254, 246, 142); padding: 0px 3px; font-weight: bold; cursor: help; font-size: 1.1em;">8 &nbsp;vs AC |&nbsp;<span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" original-title=" Rolling d20+2+(floor((15-10)/2)) = ( 7 )+2+(floor((15-10)/2))" style="box-sizing: content-box; background-color: rgb(254, 246, 142); border: 2px solid rgb(254, 246, 142); padding: 0px 3px; font-weight: bold; cursor: help; font-size: 1.1em;">11 &nbsp;vs AC <span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" title=" Rolling 1d10+(floor((15-10)/2)) = ( 3 )+(floor((15-10)/2))" style="box-sizing: content-box; background-color: rgb(254, 246, 142); border: 2px solid rgb(254, 246, 142); padding: 0px 3px; font-weight: bold; cursor: help; font-size: 1.1em;">5 &nbsp;slashing damage plus&nbsp;<span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" original-title=" Rolling 1d10 = ( 3 )" style="box-sizing: content-box; background-color: rgb(254, 246, 142); border: 2px solid rgb(254, 246, 142); padding: 0px 3px; font-weight: bold; cursor: help; font-size: 1.1em;">3 &nbsp;more if critical hit
1549507516
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
That label cannot be removed as it is who sent the message.
1549510167
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could put it all into a roll template.
1549510201
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Would still have the sender's tag on it though Keith
You could use something like this instead. /emas The bugbear swings its battleaxe wildly. /as "Battleaxe" /as "Attack" [[1d20+5]] | [[1d20+5]]&nbsp; vs AC /as "Damage" [[1d8+3]] slashing
1549526033

Edited 1549528466
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Scott C. said: Would still have the sender's tag on it though Keith It wouldnt repeat in the middle of the macro though, so it would look better. Barky, try (all as one line in the macro) &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{selected|character_name} **Battleaxe Attack**}} {{attacks=[[d20+@{npc_proficiency_mod}+@{npc_strength_mod} ]] vs AC | [[d20+@{npc_proficiency_mod}+@{npc_strength_mod} ]] vs AC}} {{damage=[[1d10+@{npc_strength_mod}]] slashing damage plus [[1d10]] more if critical hit}} Edit: oops, forgot the template statement. Code updated.
1549527921

Edited 1549528009
This would work too. /as "Bugbear Archer" &amp;{template:default} {{name=Battleaxe}} {{Attack=[[1d20]] | [[1d20]] vs AC}} {{Damage=[[1d8+3]] slashing}}
Change your name from Paul (GM) to just Paul ??
1549552298
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
GiGs said: Scott C. said: Would still have the sender's tag on it though Keith It wouldnt repeat in the middle of the macro though, so it would look better. That's what I was after, and what I thought the issue was. It would all come out under "Bugbear Archer"
Thanks folks, this is just what I needed.