Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] [3.5/PF/5E] [GMT -5] Looking for long-term group

Edited 1551112138
Who I Am Name & Age Derek, 32, though I usually go by Monster. Either works, so whatever you're comfortable with. Experience I have about 5.5~ years worth of combined experience with 3.X, Path/Starfinder, 5e, and a little bit of Warhammer Fantasy (4e). Most of that time was spent here on Roll20. Personality Fairly easy to get along with - I like to joke around, but when appropriate (not during other people's "scenes" and serious moments) and not when it detracts from playtime, as sometimes it can devolve into mindless table banter. I also respect other people's time; I won't cancel last moment, won't show up late without saying anything, or stay in the group leaving you wondering if I'm going to show up. If all parties click, I've been in a few groups that have lasted more than a year together. When it comes to creating characters, I think about the setting first, character fluff second, and actual mechanics last. I do enjoy creating a character's backstory first before I worry about what he looks like on a sheet. Availability I'm flexible, though any time after 6PM works for me on weekdays, 4PM or so on weekends. Preferably I'd like for the game to go no more than four hours (with a small break somewhere), but again, I'm flexible.  What I'm Looking For DM Experience As long as you have some years under your belt, IRL, Online, what have you, doesn't matter. You could be completely new to Roll20 too, that's fine, as long as you're putting effort into your campaign, I'm fine with what you're doing. Tone of the Game If we're going with the classic RP/Combat ratio, I'd say 65/35 that can swing in either direction. I've gone many games where there wasn't a single combat in the entire session, but chances are likely that I would see one in the session after that. As far as topics are concerned, almost anything can go, as long as you 'fade to black" the common sense stuff. Open To Homebrew This is more for 5e than either 3.5/PF. There's just not enough player options for (sub)classes, and there's alot of talented people out there making homebrew content for 5e. With that in mind, I would never propose something that is ridiculous in terms of power (compared to other classes available), broke the "spirit" of the game, or didn't fit into your world. There's enough cheese in and difficulty to die (in 5e) that I don't need to add to it. Voice (& Video) Former being mandatory, latter being optional but available. Group Composition I'd prefer the group to be at least above the age of 22 at least, though it's fine if someone (preferably not the DM) isn't. As far as number of players (not including DM), with me being included, 4 being preferable, 5 being maximum. That part isn't negotiable, which leads me to... Like Minded People Take everything I said under personality; people who want have fun, but not at the expense of game time or the mood, who show up on time or at the very least, tell other people well ahead of time when they're late or not going to be there at all, and finally, those who put effort into their characters backstory as much as their numbers. Sounds somewhat rhetorical (everyone wants to have the best group), but I'm sure as most of you know, that's hard to find. Interested? Send me a PM with the following; time, frequency, date, system (3.5/PF/5e) being used, and a quick summery of the type of campaign, or link to the listing page if applicable. Note that if you're streaming/recording, please include a relevant link. While I don't really have an interest of doing such things, I'm not entirely against the idea. Please do not respond to this thread. Thanks for reading!
Bumping - Sunday availability has opened up.
Bump
Your post is great.  If you find a group and they need another, let me know. :)
Bumping
Bump
Bumping again - added info on what to send in PM
Yep... bumping again.