Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Is it possible to change the roll result under X into Y?

I'd like all roll results under 5 to be turned to/treated like 5 For example: I roll regular 1d20+5, and i get this result: (2)+5=7 Is there a macro that will treat that 2 like 5, or directly turn it into a 5? Basically, to make it so the lowest possible result of such a roll is 10 (5+5 from the modifier) If i'm unclear about this: Is there a way to disallow the system to go below 5 when randomly deciding the result
I think i could achieve this by rolling 1d16+9 The lowest possible result would 10 (what i'm trying to achieve) and the highest possible result would be 25 (just like with 1d20+5) However, i'd really prefer to just stick with d20, if that's possible, to avoid any possible confusion
You would need to use a grouping roll for this. /r {1d20,0d0+5}+5 or [[{1d20,0d0+5}+5]] The "0d0+" part makes both groups a dice expression, which is necessary since group rolls can either compare dice expressions or constant values, not both. Depending on your preference you can also change "0d0+5" to "5d1" and it will work the same. I just prefer the 0d0 approach myself.
1549825249

Edited 1549825295
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think Kyle forgot to apply part of the solution, which is to use Keep Highest or Drop Lowest, so you dont see both results. Like so: [[{1d20,0d0+5}kh1+5]] or /r {1d20,0d0+5}kh1+5 or for cleaner output on that last one /r [[{1d20,0d0+5}]]+5
1549825569

Edited 1549834058
It works, thanks you two.