Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][Discord][18+][DND5e] Welcome to "The World".

I AM NOT a System Administrator for Roll20. It is a username because the game is well game based.  The World is the first massively multi-player online RPG since The World's closing in 2008. Developed for the GAIA OS Virtual Reality HeadGear, The World: Force Era had a lot of media hype, resulting in over 300,000 preorders being taken in April 13th 2018. The World was sold online for download on November 4th 2018, and in the first day alone it sold 4,576,623 copies! On February 14th 2019, 'The World: Force Era' will officially open its servers! Now your adventure can begin! -CCorp This game is a 5e Dungeons and Dragons game set in the modern times on the premise that you are a player in a virtual reality game. As a main character you are to be involved with one of the many mysteries to be found in this 'game'. This game has a bit of homebrew and many handouts to read through but if you are willing to learn you will be all set in no time. You are required to play a game two times a month and due to this being based off a MMORPG you do not need to make every game.  The game days are usually every other Tuesday or Thursday with a special weekend game at least once a month! Game start time is normally 1900 (7 PM) EST!  There is no real application process but there is a tutorial game that must be played before you are able to join the actual game and sign up for game days. During this tutorial you will learn the basics and what is expected from you. This is certainly the time to inform me of what you expect. Contact me for dates on Tutorial Games. - This game requires a MIC, we do focus on Roleplay.  - There is currently a max of six players per session.  - This game is accepting players new to 5e! During the tutorial we teach the actual rules for 5e and explain why anything you may come across is homebrewed. - Players are required to be 18 years or older as the game can get pretty dark but nothing that would'nt be shown on HBO late night. Character creation: Feats and Multiclassing are allowed. HP is rolled. You may use 'Inspiration Dice' to reroll a die during Level Up. This game uses Spell Points (Mana) instead of Spell Slots. Character stats are rolled in front of the DM, starting gold comes from selecting New Player or Beta Tester. (If Rolling is not your thing, you may use a heightened array. More on creation can be read in the Hand Outs.) Leveling Up is a Milestone system. Tutorial characters are required to start at level 2. Upon completing the tutorial you may continue as follows: New Player: Joining on the release; you will be level 3. You will be granted a free reroll on a stat below 8. You start with 300 gold. You are given a Grunty Egg. Beta Tester: You have been playing for awhile; you will be level 7. You will be granted a free reroll on a stat below 8. You start with 2000 gold. You may join the Delta, Theta, or Lambda Guilds or keep your status as a solo adventurer. If you would like more information please post below. If you are ready to play please post your preferred name, age, experience, and what you are looking for in this game and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I am interested in learning more. I am very intrigued!

Edited 1549987168
Definitely interested. I'll actually post when I'm conscious and not just half-awake. Okay, I'm actually up now, woo. Preferred name is at this point Toast because that's what everyone seems to default to, and I've been playing tabletops for a little over a decade now. I'm a little newer to 5e, but I think I've got it down pretty well. I'm 25, and what I want from this in theory is to fill that little fake-MMO-shaped hole in my heart on top of the typical good storytelling and such from D&D. (My PC's name is Corbenik, and the last two were Skeith and Tarvos. Just little fun facts.)
YO I want in this sounds amazing! I've been conceiving of a game for my family that is mmo premised as I've wanted to be a part of something like that for a long time. You can call me Dia or Lucky, I'm 24, and I've been playing 5e for about 3 years. I've dabbled in other systems but haven't done anything successful in them. Since this is a MMO, I am looking for the things I would want from an MMO. Cool places to explore, amazing boss raids to be had, and some kind of pvp whether its actual dueling or just general guild conflict through points or something.
I would love to play this, and so would like to learn more about it.   I am however quite new to D&D and so might need a little help.  Thank you for considering me.
Name: Zephyr Age: 25 Experience: I have very little experience with 5e, so I'm still a bit shoddy on the rules but I can pick things up fairly easily through experience. Expectation: I'm merely looking for a fun environment. Roleplay, exploration, and character customization are also things I heavily enjoy.

Edited 1549999920
This sounds quite interesting, though one thing has me leery at the moment. You mention that there's a choice of continuing as a lv3 or lv7 character; is that a choice to make for the entire party, or individuals? If the latter, having level 3s and 7s in the same party sounds like it'll create a huge power discrepancy between the players. That said: I typically go by Revelark (or Rev, or Lark). I'm 25, have just over a year of 5e experience, and I'm primarily interested in the VRMMO setting and the kinds of characters/interactions that brings along with it. Outside of that, I enjoy a mix of all the pillars of 5e; not particularly picky in terms of what we do so long as the group is fun to play with. Couple of scheduling questions: what time/day do you think the weekend games will run, and how long do you want sessions to be?
Thank you all for responding! I shall answer the best that I can. Ryan: Shoot any questions you may have on this post or send a PM. I will answer as soon as possible.  Toast: I see you are very versed in this setting! You will immediately notice some areas, lore, and such should you choose to play! Although I have altered some things to create more mystery for a few of the players who also are versed in 'The World'. My current tutorial times are weekdays between 3-5 pm EST and should take no more than an hour or two after character set up. If that time is not acceptable we can talk about a better time between us.  Lucky: I believe I can handle that. The tutorial times are weekdays between 3-5 pm EST. It should take no more than an hour or two after character set up. If the time does not work for you we can set up a more appealing time.  Pfrladj: Any questions you may have shoot! I will answer the best that I can. Zephr: I am always willing to help teach 5e even if this game does not suit your fancy. Feel free to try it out.  Lark: Power discrepancy between players are bound to happen in an MMO setting. I will say that if lower level players do head to higher level areas with stronger Guild/Party members they will level faster. There is also a 'mentor' system to help expedite the level of any player that wishes to start as a new player! The beauty of 5e is the bounded accuracy and my DCs are generally within range of most characters. I will be looking at sign ups to see who is playing and create an adventure that can involve everyone as well. If a player feels displeased with how their level effects play I am more than willing to talk it out and see if there is some compromise that can be met.  Sessions can run for 4/5 hours with a break of 20/30 mins. Weekend games will have start times posted on the sign up in the campaign forum but most games start at 7 PM EST. Any other questions please feel free to ask! 
I can do a tutorial session any day this week, I’d love to hop in and start reading all the specifics
I'd also be very interested in this, I'm available tomorrow or any day next week for the tutorial session. Age: 23 Experience: know the basics of 5e but need clarifications on some of the more mechanical aspects from time to time. I would not be able to attend Thursday games but would be able to for Tuesday and the weekend special game!
I Am quite interested! 
I am old enough and free for on the weekends and able to play, but I need to learn a bit.
I'm interested in this game.
Did Sys Admin lose his account or something?
I'm interested