Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map token movement on a map

Quick...ish question, I'm running DotMM with dynamic lighting. As the players progress through a dungeon map, is there a way that they can chart their directions taken in game? I've seen suggestions of dropping lights onto the map layer as they pass through corridors and rooms. Is this the only way apart from good old pen and paper?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's the idea behind Advanced Fog of War , though you might want to run some tests. Those maps can be very big and you might run into performance issues. Also be aware that AFoW is currently undergoing some key bug fixes, prompted by problems that arose during the latest upgrade.
I'll certainly check it out. Thanks for the swift reply!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To help you decide whether this will work for you and your group, here is the thread discussing the latest upgrade . The issues that the dev team is addressing are in the top post. There should be a code fix coming out Thursday if all goes well.