Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Advice on a custom Macro

Hi, im looking for advice for doing a custom macro using the cantrip [[round((@{level} + 1) / 6 + 0.5)]]d10 as a base, the only difference is instead of that ones This spell's damage increases by 1d10 when you reach 5th level (2d10), 11th level (3d10), and 17th level (4d10). im trying to make mine This damage increases to 2d10 at the 6th level, 3d10 at the 12th level and 4d10 at the 18th level.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This should work [[floor(@{level} / 6) + 1 ]]d10
I would go with [[floor( ( @{level} + 1 ) / 6 ) + 1 ]]d10 to get the level breaks right.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The level breaks he says at the end are 6, 12, 18. If the levels are 5, 11, and 17, I'd agree, but he said he wanted to switch from that if I understood correctly.
Ahh, yeah got yah, makes sense.
thanks guys, GiGs your equation worked perfectly