Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFP [Cthulhu Tech System] The Depths of Truth, A supernatural Highschool Game. New Players to the System welcome! Wednesday's at 3-4 Pm Central.

Greetings there!  I like to be straightforward so I'm going to be honest we had players, started the campaign, got through the Placement Test for the School and then lost half the cast pretty much invalidating the results.  As such were looking for 2-3 more people to fill up the group. About Cthulhu Tech: Its a TRPG that is fairly complex on the surface level and has a gamble dice system that might be confusing at first.  I can help anyone who wants to learn or give it a try as I've spent a fairly large amount of time in the books so far. Setting:   The Setting is an alternate version of our world where supernatural events began occurring at a growing rate in the early 70's. Things become more militaristic as nations struggle to deal with forces beyond comprehension, Canada Mexico and The U.S.A form a United Republic in hopes of pulling together their greatest minds and resources in order to deal with the ever looming unknown. People begin to manifest paranormal abilities or simply stumbling onto ancient artifacts, becoming a valuable resource in the modern day supernatural arms race.  In comes Minerva Hartwell who designs a school for gathering, studying, and training the various youths both blessed and cursed. About the Game:   The supernatural abilities of this game are pretty free form, tho the more powerful your ability the steeper the cost.  I will determine the cost and how the power is able to function.  Every character in the game is going to start being terrible at using their ability or artifact.  IF you want to be tethered to a cursed artifact that is also doable. Also as a forwarning if you try to lift an existing ability from an anime or something that ability will have a cost attached to it even if its counterpart doesn't, and any functionality we don't properly discuss will not be included in its use.   If you have any questions please PM me for further details.
I'm one of the remaining players in the game and I have to recommend it!  The GM is very flexible in working with you on your character's abilities and backstory.  If you have an idea, he'll help you fit it into the system.  More importantly, our Placement Test was one of the best mystery/puzzle adventures I've been on, ever.  He put together an intricate web of lies and horror and tossed us in to figure out what the hell was actually going on.  Definitely recommend this if you want to exercise your thinking as well as your super powers.  :-)
Pmed you! I'm very interested and I'd like to join I'm a commited player and I'm looking for long term campaigns, this setting is very promising!
Alright we are looking for one more person, if you have any interest or questions please contact me otherwise I'm just going to go on a tiny rant here. In a dark twisted version of our world where the Fae of tales has ignited a war in Europe, the United Republic clings onto the hopeful peace of yesteryear.  Monsters, curses, hidden lore, twisted science, all come bubbling up into an age of growing paranoia.  You find yourself, cursed or blessed, in Minerva's Institute of Advanced Learning a bleeding edge school designed to house, study, and grow the "Gifted" youths of today into tomorrow's saviors.  But first we need to figure out what class your going to be in via a placement test.  Dropped off with several potential classmates in an unknown location, you must do your best to impress the ever watching eyes of the faculty or else Pay the steep tuition costs of the Lower Classes!
I would be very interested in this game if you still have a spot available. I have never played this system but I tend to pick things up quickly if you're willing to help me along the way. I usually enjoy the roleplay aspects of games as well as puzzles and combat (as long as it's not a hack and slash). 
Send the original author of that post a DM for more information!