Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Clear drawings" clears... too much!

I just had a very frustrating session of Gloomhaven. I've been working hard to get roll20 to work for this card-based game and overall the experience is not awful. Tonight, however, I had three players with myself acting as GM/coordinator. We are all playing as GMs since there are so many limitations on how a player can interact with the tabletop. No issue there. However, I was testing out my skills with advanced keyboard shortcuts and using the 'f f' to draw shapes on the board. These were meant to be temporary so after sketching about I'd choose "Clear drawings". This literally cleared all the sketches, but also all the text we had placed around, as well as all the cards drawn from decks! Not great for a card game. It took us most of the session to figure out why our setup was "randomly" disappearing. How do others sketch on the map? Ctrl-z only undoes one action and doesn't seem to have a history beyond that one.
Hi Thomas, this may not be a bug so I'm moving this to the Specific Use forum.  If you're convinced it's a bug however I implore you to take a look at the solving technical issues  wiki to try working through as well.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Everything that is not a token is considered a drawing, so yes, that command will clear those items. You could edit your deck definition so that cards drawn are tokens instead of drawings, but they will show bubbles and the radial menu when selected. So that may not be optimal, but it is a workaround. Also, if you drag a selection rectangle around a bunch of objects and hold down the alt key before letting go, it will select only drawings. That may be of some help.