Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Launching Game

So, I am the GM/DM for a game and I can't launch it but apparently (after speaking to them all) my players can. I know there was the security breach reported today and action was taken by the Roll 20 Team, but I'm curious as to if this problem is intentional or not?
I am having significant load issues as well in games I am creator and player only. It takes significant time to load and the connection to server red error banner pops up during. Even when I see the first map, it takes many minutes to open a handout or character. Eventually it will, but this is unplayable. Not sure when this started as I have been out a few days and just noticed it today. Other folks I talk to not having issues in same games. I have rebooted and cleared cache. I use chrome but have same issue with firefox under testing. I have no issues with other internet sites or locations today. I have no issues going into games on the Dev server. please advise.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble!  Please try working through the Solving Technical Issues wiki if you haven't already, and providing a bug report.
the issue is slower than molasses game loading and appears to be in conjunction with the push this week. I can't be sure because I was out of town. But, yes, I have done the troubleshooting as my message stated. The production server suddenly taking a much longer time to load and run. Not really sure if this is a bug as much as a performance. I posted here because someone else seemed to be experiencing similar issues.
One common problem I've experienced is having many maps, handouts, or especially character sheets. The more assets the game has to load (and it loads them all, even things you've got 'archived' (not an archive)), the longer it will take. This can easily reach a point of making the load virtually impossible. As a PRO user, the Transmogrifier is your friend.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is a helpful hint to cut down on campaign clutter: Archive Characters, and Other Assets Into A Library Campaign
as I said above, this happens in games I am a creator and in games I am only a player. 
Try creating a new, empty game and see if that is also slow to open. This will help isolate the problem.
interesting - this morning seems to be back to more normal load times. Only thing I did between yesterday and today is watch a movie and sleep (i.e., nothing). I can only assume server or network utilization. It will be interesting to see if the issue comes back in more peak use periods - I'll check again later today.

Edited 1550536493
Hoot
Pro
Things seem stable after a couple days testing. I guess either high utilization on servers or somewhere on the net between me and said servers. Thanks to those who responded/helped.