Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG] [5e] Looking to join a game to escape the DM's curse

I'm looking for a game and would love to jump in one as i have been stuck as a Dm for a good while and i'm finding a lot more time to fill and get playing. I have been playing a large amount of 5e for the past 4 1 / 2 &nbsp;years and most of my experience is as a DM. I'm a massive fan of the Witcher series games and books, and the Elder-scrolls games&nbsp; (despite its few shortcomings, i have an ungodly amount of hours on Skyrim and Oblivion) , i love dark-souls for its gritty and rough realism of not being a god among men and having to fight to survive regardless of having a purpose. I am not particularly picky but I'm usually a fan of dark fantasy in general and i still find plenty of enjoyment in wonder lust magical worlds of awe and shock as well. I am placed in PST zone but my hours can be pretty flexible&nbsp; except Saturday and Tuesday Evenings 5pm PST.&nbsp; I'm honesty very open to nearly everything and can be thrown and placed in nearly anything. I want to explore all of what a game can offer for game-play and memories, regardless of setting. Though I have had more then enough stale experiences in settings of the Sci-Fi and West Marches nature. I have a few ideas running depending on what you think will be best for your game. Starting with:&nbsp; Warlock&nbsp; unknown &nbsp;what race yet but prob Aasimar as i have a cool idea for it Cedrick Ash-hall is a father who lost his wife, and his son is missing so he follows a trail of crumbs to find him at all costs. He is a veteran that had hanged up his sword to live a happy life only to have everything flip on his head. He can be distant at times especially when he thinks about his past but he is a charismatic&nbsp;man that is honorable and trustworthy ,though a bit eccentric at times. He believes in good friends and being able to feel like he did the job right as long as it doesn't&nbsp;cross his strong morals. He was coaxed into a pact on the promise that the patron could guide him to his son for him&nbsp; (i would like to try something thematically interesting but i will wait to hear your view on it first) A Paladin of&nbsp; Oath of the torch &nbsp;(removing the 3rd level ability&nbsp; Angelic arms )&nbsp; <a href="https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oath_of_The_Torch_(5e_Subclass)" rel="nofollow">https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Oath_of_The_Torch_(5e_Subclass)</a> &nbsp;entirely up to you if you dont like it, just wanted something that fit the character idea better in my head and i'm willing to balance it. He is a man who was originally just a hunter for a small village but ran into a dangerous undead that was going to kill him but was saved by a paladin. Inspiring him to use his life to protect others he spent some time as a soldier and took a knack &nbsp;for medicine &nbsp;and became a field medic for a while but decided to come (to&nbsp; the capital/major city?) &nbsp;to practice as a doctor after important people realized he a good talent for medicine and was encouraged to pursue it. He was given lodging and an office by a noble family of a man who he had saved the life of during deployment. He eventually was given jobs and was depended on to save lives of generally important&nbsp;people.&nbsp; (He needs to have a sort of crises that involved him losing title, maybe a failed operation on someone important and was discredited, or was captured during war and was forced to save an enemy leader and was unlicensed, etc.)&nbsp; A Blood Hunter &nbsp;probably going ghost-slayer or profane soul, depends really.&nbsp; <a href="https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/classes/blood-hunter" rel="nofollow">https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/classes/blood-hunter</a> &nbsp; This one is a noble man of the Grimsbane family, who has lost everything he has ever know or loved to an evil&nbsp; (profane soul would likely make it a demon and ghost-slayer&nbsp;would be a lich or something) &nbsp;and decided to accept dark powers to be able to slay it and release the souls of his family and lover. Hes on a vengeance&nbsp;path but knows he needs strength and friends to slay it but its difficult because he has become a little jaded considering events and what it takes to become a blood hunter. He is haunted by these powers and his scars consistently&nbsp;remind him of his lack of strength to overcome and protect so he will do everything he can to protect those he considers friends. A Vengeance paladin&nbsp; He joins some order or religion as an inquisitor to root out Heretical&nbsp;monsters and demons.He is hoping one day he can find his brother who has been cursed with lycanthropy&nbsp;and give him the peace he finally deserves and to that end he has chosen to numb himself to the pain and moral dilemmas&nbsp;involved in killing evil things even if they are not in control&nbsp;so that he will not hesitate to give his brother a swift death. He will play as a generally charismatic guy when attempting to gain info or fit into situations so he can make evil around him drop their guard and reveal their true nature. He will, depending on starting level, have varying&nbsp;levels of experience as a slayer of beasts. I have a few more ideas running around and could always make something that will fit better to your world (also i have am currently working on a Dragonborn as well but i'm not far into it yet and would not be able to plug and play as easily as the others if you were to give me short notice to play) I will still check here and my private messages, but the quickest way to reach me would be on discord, as i actually receive a notification there.&nbsp; Raysayvose #2274
still looking btw

Edited 1550317596
Thorsten
KS Backer
We're an EST/EDT/CST/CDT (*) group with three rotating GMs, 6 people. We play Sunday 7pm Eastern, until 10pm Eastern. We have three games going right now that have been running for years: Tiamat (about 2/3rd of the way through, another year left?), One Bard Too Many (homebrew, almost entirely bards with one rogue), Dead in Thay. We're not whippersnappers - most of us in our late 40s, with one retired (the CST/CDT guy). It's a complete sausage fest, there's not a womxn to be spied, other than the indulgent spouses of three of the players. We're blindingly white, not a single player who's not caucasian. Five of the group are N-generation immigrants (European descent, ancestors came to the US yonks ago), one's a 1st-generation immigrant (also European descent). There's a paper about the demographic of nerd games in there somewhere, but I'm no sociologist. Two of the group are in "proper" engineering (mechanical, additive manufacturing), two are IT nerds, one's retired, and the last one - is private. I don't actually know what he does for a living. Probably takes laps through his money, Scrooge McDuck style. Play-style wise, we have three that love role playing, two who don't mind it, and one who is there for the combat. Politics, two players are quite conservative, two quite liberal, and two somewhere in the middle. Religion, three atheists, one Christian, the other two I don't know. We still manage to have a good game of dragons, also dungeons, fancy that :). Three of the group are the "OGs" - highschool friends who kept playing D&amp;D and eventually had members fall away so they started recruiting, two are the "token gheys", a male couple that joined the group 5-6 years ago, and one's the "newb", the retiree who joined about a year ago. We take "bye weeks" for holidays, sportsball (**), and when we don't have four people. Three of the players (the male couple and the newb) enjoy sportsball; the other three make fun of it. I don't know that we're actively recruiting, as it were. And, I don't think there's anything wrong with having one more player. And, I'm one voice out of 6. I'd invite you to come be a guest (maybe an important NPC?) in a couple games, and see whether we're your speed and you're ours. (*) Don't we all wish we'd be EST-only - alas, none of us live in states that stay on EST year-round (**) Mostly American Football, but also soccer if America or Germany manage to stay in the World Cup. Rare occurrence, that.

Edited 1550450295
unfortunately that doesn't sound like my kind of game im not really comfortable with a multiple dms it always turns into a "too many cooks in the kitchen" and when its not it feels like creativity and outward liberties for stories sake is severely lacking.
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/135425/d-and-d-tale-of-the-wicked-king" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/135425/d-and-d-tale-of-the-wicked-king</a>
I thought we talked about this?