Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Image vs Token Size

Is there a way to make have the size of the image different from the token size? What I'm trying to go for here is offset the size of the image so that it won't squish into the size of a grid box while keeping the token's size of 1 square. Any help would be appreciated Thank you.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Am I right in thinking you have a non-square image which is larger than 70x70 pixels in size which, when deposited on the VTT, is squeezing into a single unit and therefore altering it's aspect ratio? If so, then the answer is padding. Take your image and, in an image editor of your choice, make it into a square image with transparent padding. That way, when it is placed on the VTT it will fit any number of grid units and maintain the appearance of it's original proportions... this does introduce the issue of the token appearing smaller than it actually is when clicking in that area though :( Alt+place token does maintain the image without snapping but may not work for your use-case?
Yeah that’s my problem, I think I understand your given soluion but I’m not very clear on the instructions. My interpretation of what you said is I need to increase the image size around he whole image until the dimensions are equally the same while the image inside is unchanged. I can see that working but I was hoping there would be a way I could make use he image is a mask over the token itself so like... Say the “clickable” or “draggable” part of the token is 20x20 pixels while the image remains 20x40 and exends beyond a square of the grid (like a card ontop of a small circular stand at the base if you get the analogy, forgot what they were called). Eitherway if there is no alternative, I’ll have to use the padding method and add a little border or background around the image to style it~
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You have the right of it, sadly there is no way to define the clickable area of a token at present (it could likely be done with the API, which requires the creator to have a pro level subscription, by having the oversized image on the top of the map layer and a synchronised transparent token on the token layer?).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sounds like it would just need some minor tweaking to the Bump Script. But yeah, for non-API there really is no solution. There is a virtually identical problem here that may give you some ideas.
Nevermind, I got it. The Alt-click solution works out.
Hi Daniel, glad you got it worked out!  We'll be closing this thread.