Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fanburst Audio and Converting to My Audio

Edited 1550351641
EDIT: Important - Due to Fanburst shutting down its services on the 25th, they are no longer accepting new accounts, meaning anyone who would like to still download audio from there is no longer capable. From help in this thread, I've discovered a way to track (pun intended) each track to its source on Fanburst, and then download the music using an extension for google chrome. The extension is called "Audio Prime". This will allow you to download Fanburst audio even if you don't have an account.&nbsp; See link below. I would like to iterate that I don't condone illegal activity using this. <a href="https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/audio-downloader-prime/flainkeonkoanoijnkojmiiihnfdhipd?hl=en" rel="nofollow">https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/audio-downloader-prime/flainkeonkoanoijnkojmiiihnfdhipd?hl=en</a> So this isn't so much a question as a series of questions &nbsp; of me trying to get answers from people pertaining to the audio they use, as well as some answers on what the names of certain audio tracks on Fanburst actually are. This is basically me doing last minute scrambling in order to salvage some of my more used tracks, however, I've run into quite a few snags as audio from Fanburst isn't typically named correctly, making this an incredibly difficult endeavor. That being said, I'm basically just trying to salvage specific tracks, but I don't have their real names. Going onto Fanburst, I haven't found an actual way to download any of the music because they've restricted any new users from making accounts. Nameless Tracks: Several tracks under the name " Vigimor - ** by Gamevoin/Aeorum" are on Fanburst, but I haven't been able to find a single source listed outside of those tracks names tied to Fanburst. I use these ALL THE TIME and consider them to be some of the best on Fanburst from what I've found. Considering most are ambient/action, I'm hoping that all of them are somehow tied to the same artist to scoop them all up at once, but I'm at a complete loss on figuring out who actually is responsible for making them. I desperately want to find out the names because as soon as the 25th hits, I'm pretty much screwed on ever finding them again. SFX: I use a large array of sound effects for opening doors, glass breaking, grunts, screams, spells and a slew of other miscellaneous happenings. Where in the world are some alternative sources for noises like this? I've seen some on youtube, but frankly I have no idea where a great source of sfx are. If someone could point in the right direction to a reliable free or paid sfx source to download from, that would be great. Ambient Tracks:&nbsp; Does anyone know a great source for ambient tracks outside of what we already have? Again, youtube seems to be my only alternative next to tabletop audio (they're great if you haven't used them before, I suggest you do). Again, a source that has a large array of free or paid sources would be great. Audio Suggestions: What tracks do have you all considered for the new My Audio feature? I'm really in the market for anything as long as it isn't 8bit music bites or singing in the audio and I'm curious to know what other GMs are actually using.

Edited 1550244548
For sound FX, if you haven't checked out&nbsp; Freesound &nbsp;I would recommend it.&nbsp; Best thing, some are even&nbsp; creative commons 0 license , so they are free for folks to use for streaming and broadcasting games.&nbsp; Each sound file will list what license they are available under with a handy link to an explanation of that license type.&nbsp; There's a ton of stuff in there to choose from.&nbsp; Hopefully you'll find some replacement sounds in there.
Sarah A. said: For sound FX, if you haven't checked out&nbsp; Freesound &nbsp;I would recommend it.&nbsp; Best thing, some are even&nbsp; creative commons 0 license , so they are free for folks to use for streaming and broadcasting games.&nbsp; Each sound file will list what license they are available under with a handy link to an explanation of that license type.&nbsp; There's a ton of stuff in there to choose from.&nbsp; Hopefully you'll find some replacement sounds in there. Never would have known about it without you. Found a ton of alternatives for Fanburst already for FX. Thanks Sarah A.
Happy I could share, Richard Jokes!&nbsp; It's a great resource for TTRPG sounds.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Richard Jokes said: ...I've run into quite a few snags as audio from Fanburst isn't typically named correctly, making this an incredibly difficult endeavor. That being said, I'm basically just trying to salvage specific tracks, but I don't have their real names.... I don't have a solution to downloading, but to find the original track, hover over the name in your jukebox and a cloud icon will appear. Click on that and you will open a browser tab to where the file is hosted.

Edited 1550351690
keithcurtis said: I don't have a solution to downloading, but to find the original track, hover over the name in your jukebox and a cloud icon will appear. Click on that and you will open a browser tab to where the file is hosted. Using that (thanks), here's the Soundcloud profile that uploaded them. He/she has all of the tracks listed as "Vigimor" or "Vigimore" <a href="https://fanburst.com/gamevoin/vigimor-hobgoblins-action" rel="nofollow">https://fanburst.com/gamevoin/vigimor-hobgoblins-action</a> Between @Sarah A. and Keithcurtis, most of my problems are solved. Now its just a matter of downloading as many as possible before the 25th. Important - Due to Fanburst shutting down its services on the 25th, they are no longer accepting new accounts, meaning anyone who would like to still download audio from there is no longer capable. From help in this thread, I've discovered a way to track (pun intended) each track to its source on Fanburst, and then download the music using an extension for google chrome. The extension is called "Audio Prime". This will allow you to download Fanburst audio even if you don't have an account.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
You keep saying 'Soundcloud', but it is 'Fanburst' which is shutting down, so I am very confused.&nbsp; :)
This is a great fix, thanks!

Edited 1550351789
Gen Kitty said: You keep saying 'Soundcloud', but it is 'Fanburst' which is shutting down, so I am very confused.&nbsp; :) super sorry, I totally meant Fanburst. My brain was on the fritz yesterday. Also, the "Vigimore" tracks above, I discovered to my suprise were all freakin Castlevania tracks. Blew my mind to find out.
Could anyone help me to track this song down?&nbsp; <a href="https://fanburst.com/jdblackfish/dark-ambient-fey" rel="nofollow">https://fanburst.com/jdblackfish/dark-ambient-fey</a>
Friendly Bison said: Could anyone help me to track this song down?&nbsp; <a href="https://fanburst.com/jdblackfish/dark-ambient-fey" rel="nofollow">https://fanburst.com/jdblackfish/dark-ambient-fey</a> I was unable to find any amplifying information in the audio properties, but what I will tell you is that the audio from fanburst is 67 mb. With how roll20's new audio uploads work, your maximum size is 20 mb. I wish I could be of more help, but the only way of finding out might be to just contact the uploader and get the information directly. I've had to do the same on more than a few tracks I was hunting down.
Can you do that through fanburst? I found no way to contact people directly&nbsp;
Friendly Bison said: Can you do that through fanburst? I founid no way to contact people directly&nbsp; Luckily, two of the people on fanburst audio kept their names for youtube channels and the like. I was able to contact them through the same names, but several have eluded me completely. If you really, really need the audio, I would heavily suggest following my advice above in order to download it using the extension. That way you can at least hang on to the audio while you search for the name.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Richard Jokes said: Never would have known about it without you. Found a ton of alternatives for Fanburst already for FX. Thanks Sarah A. Its a great site! I've been hoping for about 4 years now Roll20 used it instead(even before fanburst) as its has an API to retrieve sounds, its been around for over a decade so not closing down anytime soon, and a LOT more sound effects than fanburst or soundcloud had.
well this sucks..... and i had some really good songs for my campaign.....