Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

token size and centering question

I have a token..he has his sword off to the side. sadly the game auto sizes it to ALL fit in the square...this makes the body part of the token teeny and it loses a ton of details. Is there a way to make a token so the body fits in the square and just have the sword extending outside it? I know bout the Alt/resize option..i just wanted something more permenant like drag and drop and forget bout it.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can resize your token, and then set that newly resized token as the default token for the character. Then, any time the character is dropped, the token will be that size. The caveat to this is that it will still snap so that the upper left corner is lined up with the upper left corner of the square it is in.
hmm that works..but it still centers wrong. is there a way to can select what the center of said token is?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No, that was a suggestion I made about a year ago, but it didn't gain enough traction to remain open. There is an API script out there to set tokens to center, but that doesn't help you much. It's also a bit tricky to get used to; I deactivated it after a while. You could put the image into a blank PNG square that fills four grid squares, placing it to where it looks appropriate to you, but your token might become unwieldy, or act odd when rotated or when an aura is applied. Frankly, your best bet is either to get used to the odd, out-of-scale appearance, edit the graphic so that the sword doesn't point out of the area, or choose a different token.
hmmmm well thanks for the reply though at any rate...ill tinker with it a bit.