Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need Help w/ HTML (Char Sheet Cosmetic Change)

Edited 1550257041
Hello there everyone, I am currently working on a couple of cosmetic changes to an alternate Conan sheet I found and was curious how to implement one of the changes in regards to its html. All in all, I'm trying to make sure that the change can indeed be performed as well as being done so properly. That in mind: The sheet has manual entries for any particular person's Bonus Damage as show above. Its coding is quite simple: <label>Ranged</label> <input style=width:130px type="text" name="attr_Ranged" /> </td> <td> <label>Melee</label> <input style=width:130px type="text" name="attr_Melee" /> </td> <td> <label>Presence</label> <input style=width:130px type="text" name="attr_Presance" /> As you can see, each type of Bonus Damage is given an appropriate tag name for its attribute. Now default, the sheet has manual entries for repeatable weapons, a prime example being: The change I wish to make it the image above's Bonus Damage [ 0 ] region. I'd like to make it a drop down choice of the previously entered options: Ranged, Melee, Presence. Doubling the size of the box would be nice too if at all possible. The default coding in that region is as follows: <td>Bonus Damage <input style=width:30px type="text" name="attr_weapon_Damagebonus_rep" value='0'/> I am by far no expert on html coding, but have bumped my head against the wall enough to come up with one possible solution but think it's missing something to make it work properly. Enter my plea for help! <td><select style="width:60px;" name="attr_weapon_Damagebonus_rep" title="Bonus Damage"> <option value='@{Melee}' >Melee</option> <option value='@{Ranged}' >Ranged</option> <option value='@{Presance}' >Presence</option> </select> I think replacing the default code with what's listed above should do the trick of both doubling the size of the box and assigning a 3-choice drop down option to the newly-sized box but can't help but feel that there is some manner of   left out somewhere to prevent the result from being displayed properly, i.e. Wrong Bonus Damage [ option chosen ] VS Proper Bonus Damage [ option chosen ] I just don't know how or where it would go. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The html you propose should work just fine, however for the styling side of things you'll need to use CSS instead of just pure html.