Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Allow players who were promoted to GMs (by original GM) to demote themselves and/or leave a game

I was promoted to (assistant) GM in a game a few years ago. I cannot find a way to leave the game. The current workaround is to contact the original GM and ask him to remove me. I would rather not contact him for personal reasons. So I'm left with looking at the game (clutter) on my list (which is a mild irritation, but an irritation nonetheless). Players can choose to leave games. I think players who were promoted to GMs should be able to leave of their own accord too! This is especially true for promoted GMs who are not the original creator of the game.

Edited 1550384230
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
So you are saying you do not have a Leave Game button? I'm not a co-GM so I have nothing to check against but this sounds more like a bug issue. Make sure you are using chrome or firefox (officially supported browsers) and all extensions for the browsers are disabled as they sometimes make things not be seen (they misbehave).

Edited 1550389636
Hey Pat, The screen shot you shared is what players see. Specifically, the "Leave Game" option is displayed. For promoted GMs, all we see is "Launch Game", "Content", and "Settings" (see image below). I use Chrome and I don't use extensions. So, it's not that. Thanks for investigating though. I've even tried to kick myself out of the game. As a GM you can mouse over a player and select "kick from game" but, alas, I cannot kick myself out of the game. It does nothing....  :-/
Could you ask another player to contact the DM to demote you?
Hello Assist. GM Ben, Are you unable to see a Leave Game option in the drop down list under settings?
Okay, I'm not sure why I didn't think to do that. Yes, that worked! Wow, sending lots of love to you Dragon Dreamer! :D  Thank you!
Glad you're all sorted, Ben!  We'll be closing this thread now.