Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cannot "Apply Default Settings" for "Whisper Rolls to GM" when value is set to "Never Whisper" (SKT)

Edited 1550382180
I just purchased Storm King's Thunder and all the tokens are set to whisper their rolls to the GM. I want those rolls to be public. Going into Settings > Game Settings > Default Sheet Settings. I set the value of "Whisper Rolls to GM" to "Never Whisper Rolls", but when I choose  "Apply Default Settings" from within the game it doesn't show me a checkbox for "Whisper Rolls to GM", so I can't actually apply that setting to my existing tokens. If I set the Default Sheet Setting to "Whisper Toggle" or some other value, I can apply the chosen "Whisper Rolls to GM" setting to all tokens. It looks like "Apply Default Settings" doesn't show a checkbox for the Whisper option when it's set to the default, but that's a problem for purchased content that has tokens whose default doesn't match the Game default.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
This has been a known issue in the past.  I was thinking it got fixed, but maybe that's not the case.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Did you ever find a solution to this?
This was happening in the Dragon Heist module as well. I ended up with an effective "Never whisper rolls" setting by choosing 'Whisper Toggle' and saving in Game Settings, then applying it to all the tokens ticking the 'Whisper rolls to GM' option under 'Apply default settings' in-game.
I ended up using the workaround of setting Whisper to toggle. Now I just have to adjust my monsters on the character sheet (once each).